Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I will be taking my baby on her first small "roadtrip" in a couple of weeks! I live in Fort Lauderdale and will be driving up to Disney, about 3-3.5 hours away. Any tips I should be aware of for my first long-er drive? I've only had the car for about 2 weeks now and am at about 400 miles already.

Hybrid
Fort Lauderdale, FL

·
Registered
881 Posts
I will be taking my baby on her first small "roadtrip" in a couple of weeks! I live in Fort Lauderdale and will be driving up to Disney, about 3-3.5 hours away. Any tips I should be aware of for my first long-er drive? I've only had the car for about 2 weeks now and am at about 400 miles already.
Hi tarafl93. Unfortunately without knowing your model details, HEV, PHEV or BEV, it js immpossible to give you any advice. Please add your location and model details to your Avatur top right next to pencil symbol, or betteer still add them to your signature, as I have done,;) so they are always visible to other members.

·
Registered
Marina Blue HEV Ltd IONIQ from 25 Jul '17
1,860 Posts
I'd say just pretty much drive as normal. You're almost through the 'break-in' period. But to get the best fuel economy, you'll want to keep just slow and steady acceleration and braking as much as possible.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Hi tarafl93. Unfortunately without knowing your model details, HEV, PHEV or BEV, it js immpossible to give you any advice. Please add your location and model details to your Avatur top right next to pencil symbol, or betteer still add them to your signature, as I have done,;) so they are always visible to other members.
@chui This post is in the Hybrid forum and the location is mentioned in the post as Ft Lauderdale, FL, USA. That said, @tarafl93 it is still a valid point to add your location information to your profile and model info to your signature to best help with any future questions you have about your new Ioniq.

Congrats on your new wheels, btw!

·
Registered
881 Posts
@chui This post is in the Hybrid forum and the location is mentioned in the post as Ft Lauderdale, FL, USA. That said, @tarafl93 it is still a valid point to add your location information to your profile and model info to your signature to best help with any future questions you have about your new Ioniq.

Congrats on your new wheels, btw!
Granted, however, it is much easier for everyone to have the information in the signature, as you and I have done. It is not unknown for the wrong forum section to be used. This also saves the person asking the question repeating this information each time.;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi so sorry to cause confusion, I'm new! I didn't figure out how to add it to my avatar, but I will add it to my signature. It's a Hybrid, I'm in fort Lauderdale, fl.

Hybrid
Fort Lauderdale, FL

·
Registered
2017 Hyundai Ioniq Limited with Ultimate Package
1,136 Posts
I have driven many long trips in my hybrid. I don't do anything special for preparation. My longest trip was from Maine to Maryland. I travel between Maine and New Hampshire regularly but that's not that far (90 minutes or so). I have been to New York City and Quebec City as well. I like it for long trips, fuel costs are almost a non-issue for me when considering a trip. I can get to NYC and back from New Hampshire on a single tank which is less than 25 dollars.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Yup, I've twice driven my Ioniq from Ottawa to Toronto and back on a single tank. First round trip was 809 km (503 mi) and the second was 860 km (534 mi); I did more in-city driving and stayed overnight on the far side of the city on the second trip.

·
Registered
30 Posts

Hybrid
Fort Lauderdale, FL
First tip throw it in sports mode let it charge full with sports mode and you can cruise in EV at 75 mph with your engine running at idle charging the car you might get best mpg that way!

(Just so someone don't yell at me Fine Print will say for the health of your battery max charge is not good for it. its best kept between 30-70% and the car in eco mode is good at keeping it in that range and in that range it will last forever and why they give life time warranty to first owner. BUT Being the first owner and only doing this on longer trips and its a free fix as long as you own the car so.....)

I got 52ish MPG after filling up and driving between 60-80 mph for 2.5 hours with clear traffic but lots of hills and lowered the MPG. It was a fight to get it back to 56 or 57 by the end of the tanks.

Best Tip
If you hit almost stop and go traffic switch to eco give lots of space and coast a lot when your battery gets low pop it in sports mode try to keep engine running as much as possible till charged 2/3 full back to Eco and try to keep it in EV. watch your MPG go up the whole time your in traffic best tip from 16k mile experience 2019 hybrid blue

1 - 9 of 9 Posts