Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning on leaving work my driver side mirror tilted down as usual on reversing but would not return to its set position on selecting 'D' to drive. I parked the car, operated set position 2, then set position 1 (my regular settings), and all good again. Since I have owned the car (May 22nd) there have been a couple of strange occurrences. If these occur with a driver controlled car, I dread to think what could happen with driverless/autonomous vehicles which will have more technology on-board.

I sometimes wonder whether some of the glitches are because I have not waited long enough for the car to go through its checks fully before setting off. Anyone else had any one-off oddities?

·
Registered
2017 Hyundai Ioniq Limited with Ultimate Package
1,131 Posts
Cars are run by computers and computers sometimes glitch. I think for driverless cars to ever be mainstream, there would need to be a lot of redundancy like aircraft have for safety.

I've had glitches but nothing serious. I lost all audio for a trip once. It came back after the car sat off for a while. That was the most significant glitch because it stopped playing any sound at all including warning and LDW sounds.

Besides that, just little infotainment glitches like failure to play music properly until I restart it or the backup camera not displaying right away or blinking out momentarily.

·
Registered
'17 Marina Blue HEV Ltd I O N I Q since 25 Jul '17
1,836 Posts
Most serious glitch I had was one day my Rear-Cross-Traffic Alert didn't work. It only happened just the one day though, last spring, and has been fine ever since.

I too dread the day autonomous cars are fully legalized.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts