Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello to you all

I've just received a call from the seller of my Ioniq to inform me that my first 3 schedule maintenance for my car are free of charge.
Beautiful, 45.000 km free maintenance.

Every day I'm more and more happy with this car

Are some of you received similar offers ?

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
bogdanioanliviu

that is the sort of call you like from a dealer :)

makes a very nice change from the sales calls or the ones where they ask for money :)

what sort of MPG you getting and how many KM you covered

any issues with your Ioniq, or all ok?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At the moment drove like 1600 km, received the car with 16 km , fuel consumption is 5.2l/100km.
But bear in mind that this value has started at 28L/100KM when they give me the car.

I set up a reset every time i refuel and we shall see the new values.

For now no problem at all, just the normal, braking with the left foot 2 times.

I can confirms that the radar it is late in accelerating back as described in the dirty radar post.

one thing that i did not see is the battery to full. May be time has to pass for that.

The seller was extremely helpful with all my questions.

·
Registered
344 Posts
That's sweet! Love phone calls like that haha. I haven't pulled the trigger yet so I have yet to receive or have the chance to receive that phone call

·
Registered
167 Posts
(...)
one thing that i did not see is the battery to full. May be time has to pass for that.
If you have the Hybrid version, you won't under normal conditions.
A friend of mine is building his own electric bike as a hobby and he told me that, by managing the charge between 33% and 66% constantly, you increase the number of cycles the battery can be charged. Tenfold.
The only time I saw battery at 100% was when I was driving back from mountains and was e-braking downhill for like 3 kilometers. By the time my wife and I arrived in the valley below, the battery was full and on flat terrain, we've managed to drive on battery-only for around 9km before petrol engine kicked in to charge up.
But that's about the only time this has happened, normally the on-board software will try to keep battery between 33-66%.

Now, as to what I got from the dealer - unfortunately, I didn't get three service checks for free.
But buying the test Ioniq off of the dealer, I got:
- rubber floor mats with blue Ioniq logo;
- cloth floor mats with the same logo for summer driving;
- trunk floor mat;
- trunk cargo net;
- set of 17" winter tires;
- putting on summer tires for free at the dealership (they got the test car in October, so naturally they put winter tires on, which I've picked the car up on winter tires).

Not to mention the price difference on then-1800km car, but that's a story for another thread :)
I wish I could get the service offer you got, nice one!

·
Registered
725 Posts
That would figure as I tend to always see my battery cycle between 33% and 66%. But then if thats a tenfold increase in cycles and its only using a third each cycle thats more a three fold increase on cycling 0-100% or is that already factored in?

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm not sure, to be honest with you, martinhj. I'll ask him when I get a chance as he has the knowledge :)
Still, I don't think Hybrid's software would allow you to get the battery down so much - even in highway conditions, I've never seen battery drop to below 30% - the lowest I saw was just one bar below the 33% mark, with engine then frantically charging the battery :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
But that's about the only time this has happened, normally the on-board software will try to keep battery between 33-66%.
This i did not know.

I did get more stuff for free from the dealer like:

- rubber floor mats with blue Ioniq logo; -- did not get this
- cloth floor mats with the same logo for summer driving; -- i did get this as well
- trunk floor mat; -- this i did not have
- trunk cargo net; --> i did get this as well
- set of 17" winter tires; -- In Spain we do not need them :D Winter is not coming hear :D

The first 3 free maintenance I think is because I did my car insurance threw them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts