Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Does anyone use Android Auto on Ioniq Electric with CCP?

I have a Zenfone 2 with Lollipop, I installed Android Auto on my phone but nothing happen when I connect my phone to the car in the USB port.. I changed the cable once and it is still the same. I could charge my phone using that USB port so I assume the cable is working? I guess I could test it with other cables again.

I set the car to receive Android Auto already. and each time, I started Android Auto on my phone before I connect it to the car.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Which USB port you connect your phone to? It must be front USB port, not the one inside the arm rest compartment. On your phone Android Auto App look at the "Connected cars" setting and see whether the Hyundai is there.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have no clue what CCP is...
Yes, sorry, I should know that not all countries have Cold Climate Package. It is a basic model with Heated rear seats, Heat Pump and Battery temperature management system.

Which USB port you connect your phone to? It must be front USB port, not the one inside the arm rest compartment. On your phone Android Auto App look at the "Connected cars" setting and see whether the Hyundai is there.
I guess I will try with different cables. In my phone, I didn't see any "Connected cars" 8(. And I connected to the front USB port.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I still couldn't get Android Auto to work. When my phone is not connected, should the Android Auto icon in my car grey out (disable)?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
can you get a usb stick to be seen and play music from it? that will confirm if there is data connection,

if there is no data connection then back to dealer
Thanks! I will try that later!

But my wife iphone could connect to the car... 8(

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
can you get a usb stick to be seen and play music from it? that will confirm if there is data connection,

if there is no data connection then back to dealer
Tested, music from usb work... I guess I have my excuses to get a new phone! :|

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Have you tried turning on USB Debugging? It's in the developer settings. Fixed my issues with connecting.
Thanks for the advice! With developer mode and usb debug turned on, finally it worked! I could use Waze too!

But when I try to change destination, the display didn't get updated correctly.. :(. I guess I still have my excuse to buy a new phone....

Plus keeping developer mode turned on seems silly and dangerous just for making a semi working android Auto to work..

·
Registered
2 Posts
I use Android Auto everyday. I have an LG V30 which is a flagship phone (definitely better than iPhone X). I use the original cable or a high quality replacement. I had to check several cables before I found one that works fairly well. I still have problems with maps not coming on sometimes with one of the cables that works. I think it may have to do with grounding, because as soon as I wiggle the cable connector into the USB of the car, it works. I would ask your dealer to take a look at it, or change the port on next service visit. I forgot to ask during my last oil change.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I use Android Auto everyday. I have an LG V30 which is a flagship phone (definitely better than iPhone X). I use the original cable or a high quality replacement. I had to check several cables before I found one that works fairly well. I still have problems with maps not coming on sometimes with one of the cables that works. I think it may have to do with grounding, because as soon as I wiggle the cable connector into the USB of the car, it works. I would ask your dealer to take a look at it, or change the port on next service visit. I forgot to ask during my last oil change.
Thanks for sharing the info. Mine was a flagship phone 2+ years ago but the OS stays in 5.0. They did release a 6.0 version but they roll it back because it is not stable. I will test again and try to make sure the cable isn't move and see what happen. But I am betting on my phone rather than anything else.

·
Registered
253 Posts
With your phone, download & install Android Auto 2.9.5749 from here.

Then:

1. Launch the Android Auto application on your smartphone
  2. Tap on the hamburger menu icon in the top left corner
  3. Select the About option
  4. Tap repeatedly on the About Android Auto portion of the heading (about 8 times) until a pop-up states that Developer settings is enabled
  5. To locate the Developer settings, select the multi-dot menu button in the top right corner
  6. Tap on Developer settings
Remember to allow everything on Android Auto on your phone screen.

Good luck.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/android-auto/android-auto-2-9-5749-release/

·
Registered
7 Posts
I found the same issue, and found my cover the phone was in was stopping the USB from fully engaging, I cut the hole a bit bigger now dont have any issues.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
11 Participants
NotaiCEhole
Hyundai IONIQ Forum
A community of Hyundai Ioniq enthusiasts discussing the electric acceleration & reliability of the Hyundai ioniq hybrid.
Full Forum Listing