Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if the wrong place, but I couldnt see any area that stood out for this question, or should I say 2 questions.

When I get my Ioniq Hybrid, I will be installing a dashcam as they have proved that my wife was not fully to blame for an incident that wrote a car off a couple of years ago. I have used the BlackVue range for several years and get on really well with them.

Rather than have wires running everywhere, I like to hide everything away. On my Golf that I have, I used the PowerMagic Pro that provides a proper timed power feed to the camera, so it would run for a period of time, but also would cut out if battery voltage dropped beyond a certain point.

First question is, is the car itself for any accessories installed, a standard 12v negative ground system? I have seen for example battery voltage mentoned in brocures etc and its higher than 12V, but assume thats for the hybrid battery, and that the car still has a traditional 12v battery for starting petrol engine etc when not moving.

That then brings me on to the second question, to avoid cutting wires, I used fuse taps on my golf to give me permament live, and switched lives from the fuse board. In case anyone is wondering what one of those is, here is a link. My question is, what size fuses does the Ioniq use, so I could purchase the fuse taps in advance.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Haobase-Add-Circuit-Fuse-Holder/dp/B01EFLD1JG

Thanks,
Richard.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I can verify the 12V neg ground accessory power. I'll let owners answer your other questions. I'm interested in installing a dashcam myself, but I would tap into the power brought into the rear-view mirror for the LKAS cameras. The advantage is that it would be clean and relatively simple. Disadvantage is that it would be switched off with the ignition and thus no parking monitoring from the dashcam.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The IONIQ Hybrid has a standard 12v battery for all in-car systems. So you can use all the standard 12v car gadgets you want. The Hybrid battery (200v or 400v I think) is used only for driving the electric motor and starting the petrol-engine.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi I have a dash cam. They took it out of my i30 when I went to pick up new car. When I went back with new car to halfords they said they had no fuses for the ionic. They said that it was same with new mondao so will have to get onto hyundias service centre

1 - 4 of 4 Posts