Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
  • US ICCU Recall (aka 12V battery failure issue). Please use the following thread, this pertains to all eGMP models. Please do not create duplicate threads on this topic. Thread

Full charge range drop...

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Harpers Tate 
#1 ·
Hi guys. My Ionic electric was always showing a range of 183/184 miles on a full 100% charge. It is now showing (last two charges) just 160 miles at 100%. The weather is a spring like 14 degrees so I don't see this as a cause. The roads are dry and the car is less than a year old with 7700 miles on the clock. Is there something I should be doing or does it need reporting to Hyundai?

Thanks in advance! :)

#2 ·
Since you are coming out of Winter, it takes several trips over a period of time for the computer to adjust the range higher. If I recall, mine went to 160 in spring and slowly the computer changed to the 180+ range in the summer. It's not an instant change, it learns the new range over time. Just my opinion.

#5 ·
The estimated range is based on two things:
1: The state of charge (capacity) of the traction battery. If you are comparing 100% with 100% then unless (unlikely) your battery is failing then that's not the factor BUT
2: The actual consumption of your recent* use. That will be affected by cold weather, use of heating or climate, AND (importantly) the type of driving. "Hard" driving and/or motorway cruising at highish speeds use more power than local/city/"normal" roads. If your driving pattern has changed recently in this way, that will have an effect. You can see your consumption history on the screen if you go looking. If it's worse (fewer miles/kWh) on your recent trips then that will form part of the calculation

==================
* I can't say precisely what "recent" means, but the very cold spell in the UK last week probably falls within "recent".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.