Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which fuel tracking app do you use? I am using Fuelly but I have also seen Fuelio mentioned, which may be a little more user friendly. Is it?

What others are out there, suitable for use in the UK?

Does one app stick out head and shoulders above the rest?

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Road Trip is perhaps the best iOS app but pricey.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm on Android.....and have never paid for an app! :p :)

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
For free apps, I assume Fuelly is the best. What feature is it lacking for you? Do you just find it hard to use?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not particularly user friendly. I find it difficult to get back to the history.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
If you are Uber/Lyft, I would expect the expense reporting on those apps to be very user friendly, and I would guess that includes fuel. I'm surprised to hear that Fuelly is not user friendly. I thought that was their business model. If they are not user friendly, then they don't collect data. I occasionally look at an individual car on Fuelly and all the history is listed. Perhaps the website might make it easier for you than the app for reviewing history.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Uber???? Lyft????? I don't use four letter words!!!!! In the UK, a cab is a taxi is a hackney carriage is professional!!!!! Be gone with you, Sire!! 😂

You're probably right; I just need to time and opportunity to play with it properly. I was, however, interested to see if there were any other apps that had been tried.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I don't use an app, I log everything at Ecomodder.com. It's less convenient because I end up writing down the mileage on the receipt, and enter it later when I'm in front of my computer. I suppose you could just directly enter it from the web page on your phone.

Lots of interesting stats are calculated in addition to this graphic:

·
Registered
727 Posts
I wish there was one that just let you take a photo of the pump, a photo of your odometer, and used GPS for the rest. I hate manual data entry, but I've been doing it for this car because I was too curious not to.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm precisely the same, Kevin. I love seeing how stats stack up on these things. I have no problem entering the data but I am struggling with the layout on this app when you try to read the history. It's great on the PC; not so good on the phone.

Reactions: KevinT

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq Electric
27 Posts
I wish there was one that just let you take a photo of the pump, a photo of your odometer, and used GPS for the rest. I hate manual data entry, but I've been doing it for this car because I was too curious not to.
Fuelly isn’t tooooo bad, there’s only a couple of fields to fill. It does a very good job of tracking via the app. I get what you mean about the ease of taking a photo, though.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Fuelio figures out the gas station via GPS, but I still have to punch in the odometer, fuel volume, and total cost (or fuel price, either works and it figures out the other one). Still, if I could just use the camera for that I'd be over the moon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts