Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any data or figures on differences in fuel economy achieved when the car is being driven by

(1) Driver only

(2) Driver and one passenger

(3) Driver and several passengers?

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
to be honest I drive mine 95% of the time with only me, but even when I have 4 adults in the car I have not seen any noticeable / measure able difference in mpg

not sure if although you have more mass to move, you also have more mass to harvest power under regen braking which evens out

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
A recent motorway trip with two passengers and luggage returned about 58 mpg . Another one with one passenger and about 200 Kg of returned about the same .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Running the numbers, via a spreadsheet of equations, says that an IONIQ Electric with 200kg of cargo gets between 3 and 7% less range. This is assuming a constant speed: 3% loss at 120 km/h and 7% loss at 50 km/h. These are minimum since any stop-and-go traffic will increase these losses slightly.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Same here, haven't noticed much difference between driver only and fully loaded. Maybe the added weight keeps the car coasting further due to higher momentum?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts