Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

461 - 466 of 466 Posts

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
I paid $1.84 this week to fill car (less 5% rebate from rewards credit card for an effective $1.75 US gallon). Compared to my last car which got half the mpg, I look at it as less than 90 cents a gallon!

Politically impossible in the US, but ideally the federal government should double the price. There sure would be a lot less polluting gasoline sold, and we would finally stop buying the largest vehicles in the world to transport one person.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Last week all cars parked in my street got their windows smashed because the government previously tried to increase fuel tax. Tell me about politically impossible!

Several kind of smilies, in whichever order :mad::confused::laugh:
No, the windows got smashed because the government failed to order the police to open fire on scum. :mad:
Disorder is NOT the new Order. Not ever. :eek:

We have a similar style of utterly incompetent and futile government only interested in preservation of its own benefits rather than servicing the declared requirement of the majority of its population. :confused:

And people wonder why we want `out` of the pathetic EU and it's member states... We already pay more than the French for our fuel !

·
Registered
17 Posts
Man, this IS expensive. I usually spend $20+ on a fill up. On the flip side, cheap fuel is what makes EV adoption slow in the USA. In my state (New Jersey) with electricity cost of 15 cents per kWh and fuel cost around $2.40 per US gallon, it is only 25% cheaper to drive an Ioniq HEV vs EV. Not too many want to jump on the electric wagon, given the limited range and relative scarcity of public chargers. Myself included. If I move to one of the west coast states I’ll buy an EV immediately.
I'm on a paper route myself, I admit I didn't expect gas to get so cheap but I still have the added benefit of not having to fill up very often.

Only getting around 40-44mpg on the job, which is still great!

·
Registered
436 Posts
This being an international forum, you see a variety of units used in discussions. Some times I can quickly do a conversion estimate in my head and get a sense of what is being said, like between Fahrenheit and Celsius. However there are so many ways to describe fuel economy I find it a bit more confusing. I have seen people refer to their fuel economy in terms of miles per gallon, miles per imperial gallon, liters per 100 km, km per liter, etc. Well I just came across an interesting video explaining why using mpg to measure fuel economy doesnt make much sense. I found it very interesting and as usual the metric system makes more sense.

461 - 466 of 466 Posts