Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hyundai?s Ioniq ranked as the most fuel efficient fuel cell vehicle*|*Hydrogen Fuel News

never seen any reference to a fuel cell version, its not a translation so I am curious

Fuel efficiency of the new Ioniq is very high

Hyundai plans to increase its new fuel cell vehicle’s range. The automaker intends to increase this range over 200 miles by 2018. This will allow the Ioniq to travel more than 324 miles on a single tank of hydrogen fuel. Moreover, the EPA notes that the Ioniq is considerably more fuel efficient than its competitors though it falls short in terms of mileage. According to the EPA’s fuel economy ratings, the Ioniq ranks higher than other vehicle equipped with hydrogen fuel cells.

interesting the quote "This will allow the Ioniq to travel more than 324 miles on a single tank of hydrogen fuel"

that mileage is way to small to be petrol, and way to high to be the 2018 improved electric range

so is this the next iteration of the Ioniq?

it would complete the possible alternative fuels, and is logical

·
Registered
278 Posts
Yup. Was an April fool by Hyundai that one.

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
again more about fuel cell version of Ioniq

Hyundai | Korean Automaker Joins U.K. Low-Emissions-Vehicle Effort | Engines content from WardsAuto

article is dated today, not 1st April

I keep seeing little references to this

Hyundai is joining Go Ultra Low, the U.K. government- and industry-backed campaign highlighting the benefits of plug-in and fuel-cell electric vehicles.

The Korean automaker joins Audi, BMW, Kia, Nissan, Renault, Toyota and Volkswagen in the consortium of vehicle manufacturers committed to raising public awareness of ultra-low-emissions cars and vans in the U.K.

“Becoming part of the Go Ultra Low campaign demonstrates how seriously Hyundai Motor takes low-emission motoring,” Hyundai U.K. President and CEO Tony Whitehorn says in a statement.

Ultra Go Low says Hyundai’s move reinforces the automotive industry’s direction of travel as the popularity of these vehicles continues to rise.

The launch of the Hyundai Ioniq hydrogen-fuel-cell vehicle means there now are more than 35 low- or zero-emissions plug-in models available in the U.K., four times the number on the market just five years ago.

More are set to be launched this year.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hyundai?s Ioniq ranked as the most fuel efficient fuel cell vehicle*|*Hydrogen Fuel News

never seen any reference to a fuel cell version, its not a translation so I am curious

interesting the quote "This will allow the Ioniq to travel more than 324 miles on a single tank of hydrogen fuel"

that mileage is way to small to be petrol, and way to high to be the 2018 improved electric range

so is this the next iteration of the Ioniq?

it would complete the possible alternative fuels, and is logical
The writer of this article seems to have the Ioniq EV confused with a fuel cell vehicle. If you just delete the references to hydrogen fuel cells then the article clearly seems to be describing the Ioniq EV, down to the description of the 28KWh battery pack and top ranked efficiency ratings from the EPA. Other than that line about 324 miles of range, which seems to be pulled from thin air, there is nothing in the article that implies a new vehicle.

Given that the writer closes the article by saying falsely that pricing in the US has not been announced, it seems that this is just a click-bait article that is trying to pull traffic from people searching for Ioniq as well as fuel cell vehicles in general.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I saw yesterday a couple of Hyundai FCV's. They were the ix35 model though.

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I keep seeing little references to this, I agree this one looks like click bait, I think it makes a certain amount of sense as they have the EV power train already, they have a AFV platform in the Ioniq, the only AFV type not on the Ioniq platform is the fuel cell

some a dodgy translations

1 - 7 of 7 Posts