Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
81 - 100 of 102 Posts

· Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Limited Lucid Blue/Gray
319 Posts
If you guys are really that obsessed with increasing the frunk capacity, why not try to contact hyundai part stores from Korea to see if they will sell you one? The part number is the same as posted earlier in this thread. Below is a link to one site I found via google, but I'm sure other suppliers can get it.

· Registered
1 Posts
I suspect we could order the parts from Korea using a proxy service. Price might not be that great once you include shipping and what not.

If you guys are really that obsessed with increasing the frunk capacity, why not try to contact hyundai part stores from Korea to see if they will sell you one? The part number is the same as posted earlier in this thread. Below is a link to one site I found via google, but I'm sure other suppliers can get it.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I'm nick from sparekorea.com. We are selling parts on internet and recently we got some orders from north America, Canada, USA. and believe guys got information from this forum.
In Korea, we have 2 different types of frunks. 2WD with deep and 4WD with shallow. and here is part numbers with diagram.

This is 2WD model frunk for Korean spec. and part numbers.

* We delivered this item before but had a really hard time because of the size. now all courier services like DHL, Fedex, UPS even EMS using volumetric weight for freight.
With original box, volume weight is 42kg even it's light plastic item.

I just wanted to write here because we got orders recently but some buyers might wonder why we charge so much for the shipping cost. Hope this information is helpful for owners!

Product Rectangle Font Parallel Technology

For 4WD, and US spec.

Rectangle Font Parallel Technology Electronic device

· Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 SE
68 Posts
So, the part numbers look identical 86710C - is it just that you have to specificy the Motor 160KW version if you want the deeper frunk?

I see - the part number is different - the 86710-GI000 is the deeper frunk (also mentioned elsewhere in this thread.)

Can you give us an idea of what cost + shipping to North America is ?

· Registered
412 Posts
So, the part numbers look identical 86710C - is it just that you have to specificy the Motor 160KW version if you want the deeper frunk?

I see - the part number is different - the 86710-GI000 is the deeper frunk (also mentioned elsewhere in this thread.)

Can you give us an idea of what cost + shipping to North America is ?
A little too much in my opinion, one of Canadian paid about $900 CDN.
The part price is around $150-170 (US dollar) in Korea.

· Registered
1 Posts
I don't care about this stupid law... I wanna import one too! or maybe we can use this space for a spare tire? or we can find an other way to use this space...
Somebody mentioned that they could order
It is the shipping that cost alot due to the size. Around $600 CAD just for shipping from Korea.
someone mentioned on another thread that a dealer in North America could order it but requires a vin number.
I have sent in the request for the part number from a car registered in Korea. Let’s see how that goes..

· Registered
2022 Hyundai Ioniq 5 SEL RWD Digital Teal w/ Green/Gray 2 tone interior
122 Posts
Shoot, I have the deep frunk right now in coastal MS. Someone wants it bad enough come down here and swap with me. $500 gets it lol

· Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Preferred (mid trim) Long Range RWD, winter tires
506 Posts
Does anyone know if its the same Frunk Spec in the 23? and if You can swap to deep
Believe so. Hyundai USA would need to redesign the frunk with an internal exit latch or place dividers so a kid could not stow away.

Reactions: ArtSpot

· Registered
110 Posts
M10 seems quite big for a frunk bolt. If by chance you are referring to it needing a 10mm wrench size, it would likely make it an M6.

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk
Used a PH2 (Phillips head) so no 10mm metric 😉.
I just went a bought packs of stainless metric bolts, didn't document what I ended up using. But is not an odd/uncommon thread pitch, used off the shelf machine screws. M8, M6, M10 ; it's one of those 😁

81 - 100 of 102 Posts