Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
  • Question of The Week Is LIVE In The Off-Topic Section!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got delivery of my Ev and having fun driving it :), i will take a bit of time to get used to as I have never driven anything except a stick shift all my life :)

I was wondering is there a front parking sensor proximity system?? If so how is it activated , i had a look on the forum and there was no discussion on front parking for the 20 model.

·
Registered
557 Posts
It depends upon the spec of your car, it is not universal. If you do have them unless there has been a recent change they are only activated if you have used reverse immediately prior. It is almost essential to put the model trim of your vehicle in your signature to get the most appropriate answers,

Reactions: Spud50

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks David , it's the premium spec model ( will update my signature as you've advised)

·
Registered
155 Posts
If you have the front parking system you will have 4 sensors on your front bumper. On the previous Ioniq the front system doesn't always beep, you have to press the parking sensors button to get frontal beeping (when going forward).
The system seems very conservative to me because you get the constant beeeeep at about 20cm which is a lot.

Reactions: Spud50

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, in Portugal the car is sold in two trims (creative and executive), none of them has front sensors, and is not possible to install it in a dealer... don't get why.

As my car is imported from France, I got both sensores, back and front, even my car not being premium trim.

If it has sensors, you can see the litlle circles where they are installed in the front bumper, like this:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi, in Portugal the car is sold in two trims (creative and executive), none of them has front sensors, and is not possible to install it in a dealer... don't get why.

As my car is imported from France, I got both sensores, back and front, even my car not being premium trim.

If it has sensors, you can see the litlle circles where they are installed in the front bumper, like this:
Same thing in the USA for the 28kWh. Two tiers, neither have PDC. Nor do they have heated steering wheels or rear heated seats!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts