Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Just an introductory post. Collected a used late 2017 Ioniq plug-in hybrid (Premium SE) yesterday, with only 11k miles on it. It's quite a story in itself in that we have been Prius owners for a fair few years - almost went for a 2016 Merc C350e as we had never heard of the Ioniq! Someone drops in the name and couldn't believe the value of this car, thereby ended up buying one.

From dealership to home, our first trip basically, nearly 50 miles and an hour of drive gave us 76 mpg. Visited mates for dinner in the evening and mpg reads 99.9 as it was mostly city driving.

Have ordered a Podpoint as that's what I saw at the dealership and wasn't sure if anyone else does similar or better products?

Updated my profile with location, we are UK Midlands.

I am sure I will have questions as we break into the car and it's nuances so please bear if do end up asking stupid questions!

·
Registered
2019 PHEV Ultimate
1,073 Posts
Nice. I'm glad that I got the level 2 charger for my PHEV... It's great making multiple trips on a Saturday or Sunday (when the power is cheap all day) and still have them all-electric even though I'm doing 100 km or more. The trickle charger here in 120 volt land just doesn't get near that performance.

Congratulations on the new ride!

Reactions: bluecar1

·
Registered
446 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you got a good deal on the Ioniq. Other than value, is there a reason you switched from the Prius?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice. I'm glad that I got the level 2 charger for my PHEV... It's great making multiple trips on a Saturday or Sunday (when the power is cheap all day) and still have them all-electric even though I'm doing 100 km or more. The trickle charger here in 120 volt land just doesn't get near that performance.

Congratulations on the new ride!
Hello,

I have ordered a Podpoint which is £300 after the Gov grant. Waiting on the installation date.

Charged the car using the ICCB today and it took over 5 hours from 20% to full. But then I used the 6A (Low) mode on the charger. Next time I am going to try the Medium (8A) setting (unless the Podpoint gets installed ahead of the next charge).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you got a good deal on the Ioniq. Other than value, is there a reason you switched from the Prius?
Thanks,

Indeed a good deal. The car fits our use case quite well. Motorway miles only over the weekend (so no commuting) and the car is perfect for mostly the city driving.

Tech on the car at this price point is not short of amazing. On an Audi we saw the options were costing £ '000s...

I like the handling better than the prius. I am sure we will find more as we settle in.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I join in welcoming you! We’re also Prius to Ioniq PHEV “converts”. Just sold our 2008 Prius after years of reliable and efficient driving and almost 250,000 km on the odometer. What year was your Prius?

Anyway, after 6 weeks driving the Ioniq, it’s still on the original tank of gas, showing 1.3 L/100 km, as opposed to 5.4 long-term average for the Prius - about a 75% emissions reduction, given Ontario’s mostly carbon-free electricity supply (we offset the rest). I’m sure that the upcoming winter weather plus snow tires will cause efficacy to drop. It happened in the Prius too, though, down to as low as 6.7. Very curious to see how the Ioniq PHEV does.

Also curious to hear about your impressions and comparative experience.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I join in welcoming you! We’re also Prius to Ioniq PHEV “converts”. Just sold our 2008 Prius after years of reliable and efficient driving and almost 250,000 km on the odometer. What year was your Prius?

Anyway, after 6 weeks driving the Ioniq, it’s still on the original tank of gas, showing 1.3 L/100 km, as opposed to 5.4 long-term average for the Prius - about a 75% emissions reduction, given Ontario’s mostly carbon-free electricity supply (we offset the rest). I’m sure that the upcoming winter weather plus snow tires will cause efficacy to drop. It happened in the Prius too, though, down to as low as 6.7. Very curious to see how the Ioniq PHEV does.

Also curious to hear about your impressions and comparative experience.
Hello,

Our prius was 2011 and 90k miles on it. Absolutely no problem ever we actually boast to others about the reliability of Prius (probably Toyota in general) to mates.

A drop in mileage during winter is common to all cars so not surprised.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts