Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i Folks,
Here a (soon) new Ioniq owner from the Netherlands.
My new Ioniq Hybrid will arrive soon. I ordered a Blue one in Comfort trim (The Netherlands).

Does anyone know how to transfer waypoints from a Garmin navigation to the Hyundai (I think TomTom-based) navigation system?
I already downloaded the Ioniq HEV manual, but I think there is a separated manual for the navi, which I did not find yet.

Greets from Holland.

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Welcome to the forum MXHANS

I know there is a screen on the NAV menus to enter favourite / waypoints, not sure if you can import from external (Bluetooth or usb)

will have a look a the manual later

the system uses tom tom live services but I think its a bespoke Hyundai system, when you link to your phone wifi it shows a android, so I assume the whole system is running andriod

·
Registered
26 Posts
Welcome to the forum MXHANS

the system uses tom tom live services but I think its a bespoke Hyundai system, when you link to your phone wifi it shows a android, so I assume the whole system is running andriod
I think the Ioniq supports Android Auto AND Apple car play. System itself is not Android.

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
The navigation system is NavTeq now called here.com , I believe . I'll be looking into it as soon as I learn to drive the Ioniq :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
OK, thanks for the replies so far.
I see there is an import/export option in the menu, so it's worth to look into that. The question of course is which file format the system can import. With the Garmin Basecamp software I can save POI's and convert that to several formats so I think there should be some way to go.
Hope the car will arrive later this week (nice Christmas present to my self) and in the next weeks I will be trying all options. I will post my findings if I succeed to transfer POI's and/or Waypoints from Garmin to Hyundai.

If someone knows where to find a PDF manual for the navi to download, please let us know.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The success was not complete.
Imported waypoints were not shown in the address-list, but in "my poi's". I now renamed and edited the .kml file (in ascii) in the same format as the exported .kml file, used the "import addresses from usb" option and now my address list is filled with all the addresses I had in my Garmin navi. Maybe not that really simple, but doable.

·
Registered
12 Posts
How about importing EV loading points, anyone done that already? It's nice that loading points can be displayed, and searched, in the NAV but the list supplied is far from complete.

Same for speeding camera's, can they be added as POI's?

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Hmm, something I was going to ask about, but I see it's already answered at least in part:

I like to create personalised routes using Google Maps, so I can use my own personal preferences for route selection that aren't quite as humdrum as `Motorway or Not`. Using a large screen PC makes route selection and inspection far more useful than even the 8" screen in the car.

Anyone had success with porting routes over either by USB or Wi-Fi?

·
Registered
3 Posts
how to

The success was not complete.
Imported waypoints were not shown in the address-list, but in "my poi's". I now renamed and edited the .kml file (in ascii) in the same format as the exported .kml file, used the "import addresses from usb" option and now my address list is filled with all the addresses I had in my Garmin navi. Maybe not that really simple, but doable.

how did you transfert cause my ioniq doesn't read my usb stick and it is formatted in fat 32 and the folder is .kml

1 - 13 of 13 Posts