Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier:

1984: City of Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada, erects the statue "Mac Moose", along the Trans Canada Highway
1984-2015: This the worlds biggest moose statue and rapidly becomes on of the most photographed attractions along the highway
2015: Storelvdal municipality, in our Great Eastern Valley, erects a moose statue i chrome/silver, overlooking National Highway 3, and quickly become a much photographed attraction along this road, connecting southern and middle parts of Norway. This is 12 inces taller than the Canadian one!
2018-12: Moose Jaw and Canada finds out about it and immediately starts getting jealous!
2019-01: Moose Jaw starts crowd founding campaign to enlarge their moose!
2019-01-25: Storelvdal and creator of the Norwegian statue checks the price of erection an even bigger moose, this time in gold.
2019-01-26: Elon Musk, the famous entrepreneur, who alllegedly wants to put a moose in space, goes out on Twitter supporting ...... Norway!

So now war has gone from ice cold to hot. The Norwegians initially had plans for peaceful negotiations and solve the conflict, but lately has come to the conclusion that the only way to negotiate is on neutral and moose free grounds, like in Greenland!

The Canadian reply to this is just that, blaaah, Canada is bigger than Norway anyway. Seems they lost it ...

Link (one of hundreds, even mentioned in China!): https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/moose-jaw-canada-norway-statue-scli-intl/index.html

The Ioniq connection: On my very first trip with my Ioniq, August 2017, we passed by the Norwegian one on our way home, stopped, photographed it and had moose meat for a meal at the nearby roadside restaurant, as we immediately got so hungry. And Musk makes the other car brand, you know.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
I would have hoped that Musk has better things to do than idle Moose chit-chat - like making cars, rather than talking about making them and laying off several thousand workers.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
You really don't like Elon Musk do you Simon ? ....just an observation :laugh:
Not a fan of any self-promoting oligarch when the products don't match the hype. His sense of personal responsibility seems inversely proportional to his ego... Look at the components used in the Tesla, and then price them independently - `someone` is either not telling the truth about his company and its profits, or else its so badly run that there's no way `someone` that incompetent should be in charge.
The latter seems likely to be the truth when his offered solution for the `Wild Boars` cave rescue was so pie-in-the-sky it bore more relation to a Gerry Anderson creation than real life. And now there's this, to all employees: https://www.inc.com/justin-bariso/elon-musk-sent-an-email-to-employees-at-120-in-morning-it-just-may-signal-end-of-tesla.html

Looking forward to `Sir` James Dyson producing an electric car that also doesn't meet the hype so I can dislike him as much. His pathetic, overpriced, under-engineered vacuum cleaners are a triumph of marketing over function...:mad:

·
Super Moderator
7,817 Posts
The latter seems likely to be the truth when his offered solution for the `Wild Boars` cave rescue was so pie-in-the-sky it bore more relation to a Gerry Anderson creation than real life.
for non UK members who are not of advancing age, google "thunderbirds", "stingray", "joe 90" or "international rescue"

and you will find a kids program from the 60's / 70's with puppets using all sorts of strange machines of fantasy written / produce by Gerry Anderson :)

·
Super Moderator
1,838 Posts
Looking forward to `Sir` James Dyson producing an electric car that also doesn't meet the hype so I can dislike him as much. His pathetic, overpriced, under-engineered vacuum cleaners are a triumph of marketing over function...
Probably over priced and over hyped . If the price is in line with his £400 for an average vaccuum cleaner , £300 for a Hair Dryer or Hair Curling Tongs , I don't think he'll move many cars .
And P.S. , I already have a healthy dislike of James Dyson >:)

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
We Finns are very practical, so we concentrate in hunting, about 55000 moose every autumn.

God forbid we Brits start harping on about how the only good Moose is a dead moose... apart from getting in the way on the highway, they walk pissed (eating apples that ferment in their stomachs), they are so stupid they make a Dodo look vaguely intelligent and they serve no useful purpose to the ecosystem...

Ah wait, that's why they're a fave rave of Ego Musk ! >:)

·
Super Moderator
1,838 Posts
apart from getting in the way on the highway, they walk pissed (eating apples that ferment in their stomachs), they are so stupid they make a Dodo look vaguely intelligent and they serve no useful purpose to the ecosystem...
There's quite a few UK citizens I could say that about >:)

·
Super Moderator
7,817 Posts
There's quite a few UK citizens I could say that about >:)
are you thinking like me guy fawkes had the right idea a few hundred years ago? half of west minster are useless, the rest are a comedians / waste of time

and yes I am only joking

·
Super Moderator
1,838 Posts
are you thinking like me guy fawkes had the right idea a few hundred years ago? half of west minster are useless, the rest are a comedians / waste of time

and yes I am only joking
Wasn't actually thinking about our government ...or lack thereof . But now you mention it ....>:)

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Was actually thinking about our government ...or lack thereof . But now you mention it ....>:)
Well, the Irish have had no home rule for over a year - and it hasn't made the slightest bit of difference!

Perhaps it's time to try something similar for the rest of UK government?
They clearly can't manage a [email protected] up in a brewery and are trying everything to avoid complying with a mandate from the masses, so what do we need them for?

Short-term gain and long term benefit if we got rid of the stinkin' lot `em... And at least there'd be a few hundred women in the Westminster area who'd no longer be assaulted in a daily basis. :eek:

·
Registered
42 Posts
The latter seems likely to be the truth when his offered solution for the `Wild Boars` cave rescue was so pie-in-the-sky it bore more relation to a Gerry Anderson creation than real life.
Musk accusing one of the rescuers of being a "paedo" didn't go down well either. Speaking of which, said rescuer was awarded joint Australian of the Year a couple of days ago https://www.australianoftheyear.org.au/2019-award-recipients/

Looking forward to `Sir` James Dyson producing an electric car that also doesn't meet the hype so I can dislike him as much. His pathetic, overpriced, under-engineered vacuum cleaners are a triumph of marketing over function...:mad:
Certainly agree with you there. I made the mistake of buying one of the tall pedestal fans for AUD$600 Christmas 2017, on the basis that it was quieter and more powerful than a standard fan. It has ten speeds and is incredibly noisy on just '3' and on that speed you can hardly feel a thing. It also takes air in at the base and blows it out the top which means you can't actually put it in front of an open window to bring in cool air. Buyer beware.

Anyway back to moose... Does the Hyundai Ioniq pass the Swedish "Moose Test" or just go past Norwegian moose statues? :) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moose_test

·
Registered
27 Posts
Anyway back to moose... Does the Hyundai Ioniq pass the Swedish "Moose Test" or just go past Norwegian moose statues? :) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moose_test
The Finnish car magazine Tuulilasi tested a group of hybrids. Moose test was part of it. Ioniq made it.

I wonder if the stiff rear axle would make EV fail? I love old cars, so it is no problem for me...important is to know that a moose does not have reverse gear.

Another magazine Tekniikan Maailma is testing EVs in the winter conditions. First reports start coming in March.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Here's an intersting summary of Tesla Model 3 and it's woeful, expensive chassis design

That and the comment about the inefficiencies in Tesla's factory design and planning confirm to me that Elon is not playing with a full deck... As I said, he's either brilliant and misunderstood, or a borderline cretin with severe ego issues and a personality disorder.
But the review does have high praise for their motor and powertrain. Guess you should stick to that, Elon? >:)

·
Super Moderator
7,817 Posts
The Finnish car magazine Tuulilasi tested a group of hybrids. Moose test was part of it. Ioniq made it.

I wonder if the stiff rear axle would make EV fail? I love old cars, so it is no problem for me...important is to know that a moose does not have reverse gear.

Another magazine Tekniikan Maailma is testing EVs in the winter conditions. First reports start coming in March.
any links to the articles?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts