Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! Apparently my intorduction post was at the wrong place. So here a repost of my introduction.

My name is Frans and I'm from the Netherlands. Already when I bought my present car, a Peugeot 2008, I wanted an EV, but range and infrastructure were not really that great. Now the world looks a lot better with more choice in EV's, better range and very workable (fast) charger infrastructure. So test driving time! Renault Zoe and the Hyundai Ioniq Electric (I left out the BMW i3 because of the price and the Leaf as not so pretty and being replaced soon).

I chose the Ioniq instead of the new Renault Zoe because it felt as a more mature and next generation EV. More safety features and ready for Apple Carplay and Android Auto (latter not yet officially available in the Netherlands). The regenerative braking, with the shift-like paddles on the steering wheel, is brilliant. Also the Ioniq has better fast-charging option than the Zoe.

My Ioniq Electric is already at the dealer and will be delivered next week :) Color is aurora silver and trim level is Comfort which is the basic version in the Netherlands (we have only two versions Comfort and Premium, both with heat pump). Home charging will be with the simple home charger for the first few weeks, the wall charger 3.7kW is on its way.

Daily drive will be about 100km in total with about 80% on a motorway and the rest on secondary roads and city. But during Easter Holiday I will be testing it to drive a little bit further ;)

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Welcome to the forum Frans!
I'm so jealous you got the full EV. Like you I shopped around and the hybrid was the most I could afford and I loved the way it looked. The BMW i3 is also horrible looking in my opinion and if I remember right, no other cars had the range the Ioniq offered?

Make sure you post up some pics of him when he comes! :)

·
Super Moderator
1,796 Posts
Again welcome, Frans, in this section. You have the perfect driving pattern for this car, almost the same as my own pattern!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hello Frans welcome to the forum. I happen to have both cars, so the Zoë (old version with 22kwh battery) and as of the 9th of March I also have a Ioniq Electric Premium. By the way I installed Android Auto already on my phone, using the instructions found on the internet. If you google "android auto Nederland" you find droidapp with an instruction to install Android auto. I happen to just test it and it seems to work fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts