Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
I5 Ultimate AWD Lucid Blue Pearl
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks!

@Pete B I agree but I was willing to pay because it saved me a ton of work that I didn't want to do otherwise.

@Laurelbrook They are plastic overlays that I purchased off of eBay Germany. I stuck them on with 3M auto emblem mounting tape.

Edit: This is the eBay link

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Limited AWD Cyber Gray
154 Posts
Thanks!

@Pete B I agree but I was willing to pay because it saved me a ton of work that I didn't want to do otherwise.

@Laurelbrook They are plastic overlays that I purchased off of eBay Germany. I stuck them on with 3M auto emblem mounting tape.
Leaning towards getting these over the Morse H design.

How long did it take to get them once ordered?

Thanks

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Leaning towards getting these over the Morse H design.

How long did it take to get them once ordered?

Thanks
They were pretty quick. I think I had them in about a week or so. I bought them back in April.

Even though they are just ultra-thin plastic, the quality is very good and they are an exact fit. The kit includes a tube of silicone adhesive but I went with 3M auto logo mounting tape (06385).

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Limited AWD, Lucid Blue with Gray/White Interior
117 Posts
Looks very nice. Is your I5 Lucid Blue?

Reactions: Rex

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks very nice. Is your I5 Lucid Blue?
Yes. And I'm diggin' the subtle color-change properties so far. It's dark in subdued light and gets much lighter in bright light. The metallic flakes are very fine too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I want to do this....but paying $50 for a couple of pieces of thin plastic seems kind of crazy. I keep expecting some aliexpress reseller to make these for $5 shipped.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wasn't paying for the plastic, I was paying for the convenience. I could have went the plastidip route but I chose not to. Installing these took all of about an hour. No mistakes, no overspray, no cleanup, no worries :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
I wasn't paying for the plastic, I was paying for the convenience. I could have went the plastidip route but I chose not to. Installing these took all of about an hour. No mistakes, no overspray, no cleanup, no worries :D
I understand! I would love to get a matte color matched logo (Digital Teal!) for the "H"....but also I am lazy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts