Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Marina Blue was Jo's 'non-negotiable' and the Premium SE was all they could supply in the colour. We would have been content with the Premium but you're a long time dead.
Moving from a Golf cabriolet that has been a real pleasure for three years with its 2.0 TDi but our driving habits have changed slightly and I don't want to fall into the DPF trap so a move away from diesel seemed timely.
Test drove a Lexus IS 300h - great fun but too expensive, and a Prius - probably the oddest looking car I've ever driven. The Ioniq felt good from the get-go and is my first ever brand new car.
It isn't all beer and skittles, though. Twice a year we drive to Toulouse and back. The Golf was perfect for that but I expect the Ioniq at 130kph will be quite an expensive trip. I'll just have to console myself with my environmental credentials.
Take delivery in March.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I am picking up my Marina Blue Premium SE on 1st March. I am moving from a Skoda Octavia 1.9 tdi that easily gives me about 70 mpg. I didn't want another diesel and the fuel economy of petrol only cars is pretty poor. This will be only my second brand new car. My first was a top of the range 1973 Ford Cortina 2.0L GXL and it cost £1,608 on the road!

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Marina Blue was Jo's 'non-negotiable' and the Premium SE was all they could supply in the colour. We would have been content with the Premium but you're a long time dead.
Moving from a Golf cabriolet that has been a real pleasure for three years with its 2.0 TDi but our driving habits have changed slightly and I don't want to fall into the DPF trap so a move away from diesel seemed timely.
Test drove a Lexus IS 300h - great fun but too expensive, and a Prius - probably the oddest looking car I've ever driven. The Ioniq felt good from the get-go and is my first ever brand new car.
It isn't all beer and skittles, though. Twice a year we drive to Toulouse and back. The Golf was perfect for that but I expect the Ioniq at 130kph will be quite an expensive trip. I'll just have to console myself with my environmental credentials.
Take delivery in March.
Welcome ****,
at 130kph you will find the Ioniq will return about 60mpg depending on the terrain

at about 60mph I get about 66mpg
at about 70mph I get about 60 mpg

that is using cruise or a light right foot

I think in sport mode you will have a surprise, mine is quicker than my wifes old skoda fabia mk1 VRS (think polo with 1.9TDi 130 bhp)

·
Registered
114 Posts
I think in sport mode you will have a surprise, mine is quicker than my wifes old skoda fabia mk1 VRS (think polo with 1.9TDi 130 bhp)
I second that. I can't believe how different Sport mode feels and performs. It puts a big grin on my face!

·
Registered
34 Posts
I third that... I managed to wheelspin mine yesterday, unintentionally. I needed to pull out of an awkward spot and put it into sport mode to be sure of instant oomf and it certainly gave me it! It put a little smile on my face..:D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Resurrecting this thread - I’m now thinking of selling this car. I’m on the Yorks/north Notts border so anyone nearby who was deterred by the new price is welcome to PM me to view/test etc.
We’ve now covered almost 14000 miles (serviced last December) and the car has behaved faultlessly but the truth is I find it dull to drive.
There are plenty of reputable price guides to consult so a serious buyer can expect to get the car at the ‘private sale’ value at the time we do a deal.
Payment by bank transfer only (no cash or cheques, thanks).

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Peter
I'm in your hands. A thread title change to include 'Ioniq For Sale' would be very welcome and then I'll trust your judgement to place it within the sub-forum you deem most effective. I'll take a picture and upload later but there's nothing to see beyond a library picture (no damage etc.)
Thanks for your input on this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts