Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
IONIQ 5 Long Range AWD 2022
396 Posts
Could you pick an even more cluttered background? Can't see **** lol.
Just bring it to dealer if you are not satisfied with high beam performance... they have a special digital machine to adjust the light drop slope.
Better?

Water Shade Tints and shades Entertainment Darkness

Water Entertainment Freezing Grass Tints and shades

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 AWD 73
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
It certainly looks much better than my car did when I got it, but nobody apart from the machine can tell you if it's just right or not.

·
Registered
IONIQ 5 Long Range AWD 2022
396 Posts
Ok, thanks. Just wanted to make sure I won't kill anyone because of completely unadjusted high beams. I will just see how they work for some time.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 AWD 73
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Ok, thanks. Just wanted to make sure I won't kill anyone because of completely unadjusted high beams. I will just see how they work for some time.
No, no you won't kill anybody (besides yourself maybe). When the dealer forgets to adjust them, they are looking all the way DOWN. So it's you who can't see squat with high beams on, you are not going to blind other drivers, in fact they wouldn't even be able to tell you have high beams on.

·
Registered
80 Posts
You have a clearly defined cutoff for dipped beam, with additional fill in above for full beam. Looks reasonable to me. The level of the dipped cut off is manually adjustable as per the manual.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 AWD 73
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
The adjustment of cutoff for dipped beam in the cabin is only manually adjustable DOWN, not up.
The highest position is set by dealer during calibration, and IMO it's a bit too conservative, I had them set it a little higher. I still don't blind anyone, and have better visibility.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Rather shocked at the assumption there are lots of cars being delivered with misadjusted headlights. There's nothing THAT unusual about the headlights and it's not exactly rocket science for the factory to correctly adjust them. I've never heard of any recent PDI list from any manufacturer that includes checking headlight aim. Sure, it's certainly possible that an occasional car could roll out of a factory with misadjusted headlights because some assembly line worker messed up, but it should be very rare. Is the issue really that widespread?

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 AWD 73
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Rather shocked at the assumption there are lots of cars being delivered with misadjusted headlights. There's nothing THAT unusual about the headlights and it's not exactly rocket science for the factory to correctly adjust them. I've never heard of any recent PDI list from any manufacturer that includes checking headlight aim. Sure, it's certainly possible that an occasional car could roll out of a factory with misadjusted headlights because some assembly line worker messed up, but it should be very rare. Is the issue really that widespread?
Yes. On the Ioniq 5 it is. My dealer recalled all the cars after issues with mine and fixed the adjustment. That said, I got the first batch in the country so there were 8 total.

·
Registered
160 Posts
It's all manufactures. TV program Marketplace did a show a year or so ago after receiving numerous viewer complaints on the subject. They found around 30% of new cars headlights are not aimed from the factory. Needs to be on the dealers PDI. I made sure the salesman put it in writi ng on the bill of sale, and low and behold it was done. Found it in the manual and it shouldn't take the mechanic more than 2min to do either.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 AWD 73
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Yeah it's literally drive up against the machine, push a couple buttons on the machine, and then turn the adjustment screws until all green on it.
Maybe not 2 min but really not more than 5.

The thing with the Ioniq 5 is that there are four adjustment screws, not 2... And my dealer missed that.

·
Registered
143 Posts
is there a video with how to do (do your own video) the headlight adjustment settings if dealer resist to adjust the headlight settings on the date of delivery ? Most probably dealer may say "its new car and if concerns bring it back".
For me the distance to the Hyundai dealership is close to 150miles (there are many near by Hyundai dealers but only one dealer is selling IONIQ 5's in my state and that is 150 miles from my home) and not sure the other dealers are equipped or interested to make the adjustments.

Thanks

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 AWD 73
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
You can not do it without a machine that calculates the slope and without having the OEM specifications for the slope, plus a completely level surface.
Everything else will be bad and most likely illegal, as you could be blinding oncoming traffic, especially with the lowbeams.

It's like asking if you can change a tyre without having any tools.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts