Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 AWD 73
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Left this somewhat unattended. Hard to say actually based on those two pics.

I borrowed a GoPro 10 and did some videos, but the GoPro low light is abysmal, because the sensor is so small. So to film this need probably a suction cup smartphone holder, as that should do better.
Or even a larger camera mount to be able to mount something with a decent size sensor, then do stabilization in post.

I'll cut and post some footage.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Had mine checked a few days ago. It's not only the high beam which is very poorly adjusted. The low beams basically crossed each other.

Things are now adjusted perfectly, and it's night and day difference (literally)

Will say, the headlights on this car, are not the greatest.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 AWD 73
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Had mine checked a few days ago. It's not only the high beam which is very poorly adjusted. The low beams basically crossed each other.

Things are now adjusted perfectly, and it's night and day difference (literally)

Perfect. Yes, they're not super, but really nothing wrong with them either. But at least my post is making a night and day difference :)

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 RWD Long Range Advanced
25 Posts

Did you get your lights adjusted by the dealer, and if so may I ask which dealer? I'm a Dane waiting for my I5 from Andersen Biler in Gladsaxe.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 AWD 73
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
The dealer delivering your car must do it before delivery. Every dealer should have a headlamp adjustment machine.
My dealer did it, the low beams were adjusted to spec, but they didn't notice that the high beams have separate adjustment, so those were as they came from factory, although they should also be adjusted!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Did you get your lights adjusted by the dealer, and if so may I ask which dealer? I'm a Dane waiting for my I5 from Andersen Biler in Gladsaxe.
I had mine adjusted by a friend who is a former hyundai technician at several dealerships.

He told me common practice is to not adjust the headlights at all. The prep of new cars at pretty much all hyundai dealerships here is done in a hurry. Usually like this: take off plastics > test drive > wash

I bought mine from Preben Mortensen in Roskilde. They did not even adjust the tire pressure.

As a result I drove around with 45 psi in the tires for the first 4000 kilometers, and tires haven risen already...

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 AWD 73
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
My dealer now does the correct headlight adjustment on every new car sold and the tire pressures were perfect when I got it, so they didn't drop the ball there.
TBH it's pretty shocking if even the tire pressures are not right on a new car, just idiotic.

·
Registered
76 Posts
My dealer now does the correct headlight adjustment on every new car sold and the tire pressures were perfect when I got it, so they didn't drop the ball there.
TBH it's pretty shocking if even the tire pressures are not right on a new car, just idiotic.
Yeah, basically new tires for me after just 4000 kilometers 🙄

·
Registered
76 Posts
I would claim that off the dealer and fight them if I have to. But that's me.
I know, but distrust from Dealerships here in Denmark is immense. The customer is always right slogan has turned into The customer is always lying.

They would claim I put the wrong pressure in myself.

I took delivery of the car, a few days later I noticed a chip in the paint next to the hinges on the passenger side door. They claimed I shut the door on something, thing is I never had a passenger...

All I got was a paint repair kit and had to do it myself 😂

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 AWD 73
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 · (Edited)
If you are a private customer (natural person), then according the consumer law, which is universal in all member states of the EU, if the defect is found within the first 6 months of sale, then it is assumed to be present at the time of the sale.
So the dealer has to prove you inflated the tires wrong and that it was done right when the car left, same with the paint chip. Not the other way around. This is of course during the first 6 months. For the next 1.5 years (until 2 years) you still can bring a claim, but then you have to prove that it was due to a manufacturing defect or negligence through an expert.

This is the law, and yes sometimes you need a lawyer to remind unscrupulous companies of that fact.
So far every company I have dealt with have conceded after a legal letter from the lawyer, nobody tried to challenge it in court, because when they receive a letter from a lawyer they bring it to their lawyer who says they have no legs to stand on.

If you are not a natural person things are a lot more complicated, and if they refuse then your only way is to take the company to court, and prove that the product sold was not according to contract. This is very difficult with stuff like tyres, because you have to prove that they were inflated wrong when it left the dealer. So a natural person definitely has an advantage here.

P.S.
This law has nothing to do with warranty. If they say tyres are not under warranty then it doesn't matter. This is your statutory right in the EU, nothing to do with any warranty whatsoever. In fact, you have this right on buying anything from a company, as a natural person, even something used. It is the main pillar of consumer protection rights in the EU.

·
Registered
76 Posts
If you are a private customer (natural person), then according the consumer law, which is universal in all member states of the EU, if the defect is found within the first 6 months of sale, then it is assumed to be present at the time of the sale.
So the dealer has to prove you inflated the tires wrong and that it was done right when the car left, same with the paint chip. Not the other way around.

This is the law, and yes sometimes you need a lawyer to remind unscrupulous companies of that fact.
So far every company I have dealt with have conceded after a legal letter from the lawyer, nobody tried to challenge it in court, because when they receive a letter from a lawyer they bring it to their lawyer who says they have no legs to stand on.

If you are not a natural person things are a lot more complicated, and if they refuse then your only way is to take the company to court, and prove that the product sold was not according to contract. This is very difficult with stuff like tyres, because you have to prove that they were inflated wrong when it left the dealer. So a natural person definitely has an advantage here.
I totally agree. But then comes the next problem. Once you prove your point. One can only assume the dealer will do a half-assed job at a potential repair.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 AWD 73
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
If they do a half assed job, you can ask them to repair again.
If after that fact they refuse you can repair it somewhere else and claim the cost, or you can cancel the contract.

In the case of cancellation you give them the car and they have to refund you the full purchase price.
Because this is a loss of quite a few $$$ you probably need a lawyer at that point :) But if you can prove "significant breach of contract", which one of the clauses is repeated failure to rectify the issue (or not rectifying the issue at all within a reasonable time - in court this means 14 days to 90 days depending on the complexity of the issue), then you have the right to break the contract.

It really helps to know your rights and the law. Even better I recommend reading the relevant clauses of the law, and having the printout handy. Usually that solves the issue really quick.
I know all this because I ran a company for a long time that dealt with customers. And believe me it goes both ways. Sometimes the customer is unhappy with something, but instead of telling you about it, gets stuff fixed elsewhere then tries to claim something off you etc (does not work that way, you always have to go to the place of sale first). Always do everything by e-mail so you have everything in writing too.

Of course this is only if you bought the car as a consumer (natural person), if it's bought by a company then all this stuff goes out the window in the first place.

·
Registered
76 Posts
If they do a half assed job, you can ask them to repair again.
If after that fact they refuse you can repair it somewhere else and claim the cost, or you can cancel the contract.

In the case of cancellation you give them the car and they have to refund you the full purchase price.
Because this is a loss of quite a few $$$ you probably need a lawyer at that point :) But if you can prove "significant breach of contract", which one of the clauses is repeated failure to rectify the issue (or not rectifying the issue at all within a reasonable time - in court this means 14 days to 90 days depending on the complexity of the issue), then you have the right to break the contract.

It really helps to know your rights and the law. Even better I recommend reading the relevant clauses of the law, and having the printout handy. Usually that solves the issue really quick.
I know all this because I ran a company for a long time that dealt with customers. And believe me it goes both ways. Sometimes the customer is unhappy with something, but instead of telling you about it, gets stuff fixed elsewhere then tries to claim something off you etc (does not work that way, you always have to go to the place of sale first). Always do everything by e-mail so you have everything in writing too.

Of course this is only if you bought the car as a consumer (natural person), if it's bought by a company then all this stuff goes out the window in the first place.
Thanks. I'll remember this. Really appreciate it!

·
Registered
Ultimate RWD, Eco + Tech, added LTE Dashcam
94 Posts
I Took my wifes CHR out last night after 4 weeks of driving my HI5 and wow what a difference, her headlights on a 5 year old car are so much better. Sometimes I wonder if my lights are actually on mainbeam and not driving ights only. I have to keep checking. I came from a 12 year old IQ ( amazing little car) which was like having candles and expected a huge differnece but very dissapointed. Car goes in for more updates next week so will definately get them to check them out as to me their pretty aweful.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 AWD 73
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Could you pick an even more cluttered background? Can't see **** lol.
Just bring it to dealer if you are not satisfied with high beam performance... they have a special digital machine to adjust the light drop slope.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts