Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, can anyone tell me why the foot brake can be left in a 'mid-way' position between being 'off' and being 'on'?

What I mean is this - I can put presure all way down to floor boards and the foot brake is 'on' and the car is now ready for switching vehicle off.

BUT - if you push down on the brake pedal and don't lock it fully on so that the brake comes back about half way, the pedal will stay there but it doesn't appear to do anything? It just stays half way between off and on.

I can't find any info on it anywhere, so hope someone knows the answer;-)

Thanks,

JAlex

·
Registered
49 Posts
It's not really any different to a conventional handbrake, if you only put the handbrake half way it will do very little, the only real difference is you are operating it with your foot. Just push it down until you feel it cant go any further.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi all, can anyone tell me why the foot brake can be left in a 'mid-way' position between being 'off' and being 'on'?

What I mean is this - I can put presure all way down to floor boards and the foot brake is 'on' and the car is now ready for switching vehicle off.

BUT - if you push down on the brake pedal and don't lock it fully on so that the brake comes back about half way, the pedal will stay there but it doesn't appear to do anything? It just stays half way between off and on.

I can't find any info on it anywhere, so hope someone knows the answer;-)

Thanks,

JAlex
It's not really any different to a conventional handbrake, if you only put the handbrake half way it will do very little, the only real difference is you are operating it with your foot. Just push it down until you feel it cant go any further.
Thanks Paul, you've solved the riddle for me;-) JAlex

1 - 4 of 4 Posts