Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
41 - 60 of 86 Posts

Registered
I have mine in for a tire rotation and inspection, and they informed me there's a climate control recall (?) But they can't tell me why, specifically, just that they need to run an update. 馃

Registered
Ioniq 5 SEL RWD - Lucid Blue
For US Users: You can use the app to see if your ebrake is active. Just in case you want to double check.

Vehicle Status > It will say if parking brake is "engaged" or not.

As a stop-gap, Hyundai should make a phone alert (like unlocked doors) when the ebrake is not engaged.

Product Azure Rectangle Font Line

Registered
2022 Preferred AWD LR Ioniq 5
I have mine in for a tire rotation and inspection, and they informed me there's a climate control recall (?) But they can't tell me why, specifically, just that they need to run an update. 馃
From what I've seen, it's a bug that makes it so rear seats don't get any hot air.

Registered
If you have Auto Hold enabled and turn the car off, EPB will engage automatically. If you Auto Hold disabled, EPB will NOT automatically engage when car is turned off.

I always have Auto Hold enabled so I didn't know it didn't do this when it's off.
I never use Auto Hold, it is off but I just checked out of curiosity and my parking brake is listed as engaged.
I think the difference is that I always press the P on the stalk before power off, I have seen many people have found other ways to power off.
Note I do not press the parking brake button on the left (USA LH drive) just the P on the end of the "shifter" stalk,

Registered
MY22 Ioniq 5 AWD
I never use Auto Hold, it is off but I just checked out of curiosity and my parking brake is listed as engaged.
I think the difference is that I always press the P on the stalk before power off, I have seen many people have found other ways to power off.
Note I do not press the parking brake button on the left (USA LH drive) just the P on the end of the "shifter" stalk,
We鈥檙e upside down in Aus, we have to pull the PB switch - on the right side - to engage it.

On the other hand, I was taught to always engage the PB when the car was parked, so I do that automatically (sorry about the pun).

[edit: on the other, other hand, we haven鈥檛 had the recall (yet) so maybe it鈥檚 a LH drive thing]

Registered
Here's the information about the fix/update on the NHTSA website:

RemedyHYUNDAI RECOMMENDS ALL AFFECTED OWNERS TO USE THEIR ELECTRONIC PARKING BRAKE ("EPB") WHEN PARKING THEIR VEHICLES TO MITIGATE THE RISK OF VEHICLE ROLLAWAY BEFORE THE RECALL IS PERFORMED. ALL OWNERS OF THE SUBJECT VEHICLES WILL BE NOTIFIED BY FIRST CLASS MAIL WITH INSTRUCTIONS TO BRING THEIR VEHICLES TO A HYUNDAI DEALER TO HAVE THE SCU SOFTWARE UPDATED. THIS REMEDY WILLBE OFFERED AT NO COST TO OWNERS FOR ALL AFFECTED VEHICLES, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THE AFFECTED VEHICLES ARE STILL COVERED UNDER HYUNDAI'S NEW VEHICLELIMITED WARRANTY. ADDITONALLY, HYUNDAI WILL PROVIDE OWNERS OF AFFECTED VEHICLES REIMBUSEMENT FOR OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES INCURRED TO OBTAIN A REMEDY FOR THE RECALL CONDITION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE REIMBURSEMENT PLAN SUBMITTED TO NHTSA ON FEBRUARY 24, 2022.

Registered
2022 AWD Ultimate Johnny 5
Just a data point of possible interest, my I5 built in February 2022 with serial in 79000 range is not affected by this recall.

Registered
We鈥檙e upside down in Aus, we have to pull the PB switch - on the right side - to engage it.

On the other hand, I was taught to always engage the PB when the car was parked, so I do that automatically (sorry about the pun).

[edit: on the other, other hand, we haven鈥檛 had the recall (yet) so maybe it鈥檚 a LH drive thing]
Forehead Face Nose Cheek Skin

Registered
This sure seems like an example where an OTA update would be far simpler than making all of us drive down to the dealership.

My Model Y had a recall recently, which was addressed with an OTA update. I've had my I5 for about three weeks and I'm still amazed how far behind Tesla they are in the software area. Just a lot of little things that could make the overall experience so much better. E.g. walkaway locking, geofenced folding mirrors, battery preheating, digital keys for iPhones, OTA for drive system and infotainment system, integrated and accessible Dashcam, sentry mode, dog mode, plug and go DC charging, ...........

It's really a shame since the I5 is such a wonderful car to drive and is so much smoother than my Y.

Registered
This sure seems like an example where an OTA update would be far simpler than making all of us drive down to the dealership.

My Model Y had a recall recently, which was addressed with an OTA update. I've had my I5 for about three weeks and I'm still amazed how far behind Tesla they are in the software area. Just a lot of little things that could make the overall experience so much better. E.g. walkaway locking, geofenced folding mirrors, battery preheating, digital keys for iPhones, OTA for drive system and infotainment system, integrated and accessible Dashcam, sentry mode, dog mode, plug and go DC charging, ...........

It's really a shame since the I5 is such a wonderful car to drive and is so much smoother than my Y.
Well, it's not a Tesla so there is that........

Can we all get back on topic here?

Anyone in the USA that does NOT have the recall? Maybe we could figure out the manufacture date for those that need the recall and those that don't

Registered
Well, it's not a Tesla so there is that........

Can we all get back on topic here?

Anyone in the USA that does NOT have the recall? Maybe we could figure out the manufacture date for those that need the recall and those that don't
Mine to be delivered by end of the month is NOT subject to recall when I punched in the VIN #.

EDIT: Interestingly, there was one with estimated delivery of May 19th and it was subject to recall.

Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Limited AWD
It's not really necessary for us to reverse engineer this because Hyundai has already fully loaded the recall details and affected VINs into their recall lookup, as per my link below. If you are affected, it presents you with the full details of the recall and provides a link in the upper right to optionally allow you to schedule online the recall with your dealer (see the screen shot that BIGFEETS posted a few posts above). I went through this entire process including scheduling my appointment with my dealer and it went perfectly -- the recall itself was already loaded into my dealer's scheduling site as a reason code for requesting the service: "Recall Services: SHIFT CONTROL UNIT UPDATE (22-01-049H)"

Hyundai - Recalls

41 - 60 of 86 Posts