Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
21 - 40 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
The full recall is on the NHTSA website. Seems that it requires the entry of the full VIN. The site does say that the recall affects Ioniq 5s in the US and Canada.
Font Material property Screenshot Parallel Number

·
Registered
2022 IONIQ5 Limited AWD Cyber Gray
552 Posts
Do people not use the parking brake all the time? Driving a manual for many years has probably warped my perception on what's normal.
Right? I knew a guy who never used it because he was odd and insisted it was an 'emergency' brake. I explained how the parking pawl worked. Didn't care. Went through two transmissions as a result - poor CX-9 :p.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Doesn't the parking brake automatically turn on when the car is turned off? On mine it look like it kicks on when I turn the car off?
IMHO this should be the solution; software only. However if something is shorting in the shifter, well I just hope Hyundai doesn't slap on a huge knob hack at the end of the shifter. :eek:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Saw this. I picked up my car two days ago. I guess I’ll use the parking brake everywhere for now in case…it goes back to 2021 builds, but haven’t seen any issues online
Got my car Tuesday as well. Really glad I picked it up before the stop sale since my local dealer only had one.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Right? I knew a guy who never used it because he was odd and insisted it was an 'emergency' brake. I explained how the parking pawl worked. Didn't care. Went through two transmissions as a result - poor CX-9 :p.
I RARELY if EVER use parking brake. ONLY when parking at a hill. My cars all work just fine on their original tranny. both '06. Ody with 175k+ miles and Tundra with 80k+ miles. And 06 Ody is suppose to have weak transmission.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 SEL RWD - Lucid Blue
71 Posts
99% of the time I engage ebrake. So this really doesn't impact me.

There's me 4 reported cases in south Korea.

Nothing elsewhere.

I'm certain we'd have heard something about it if it did occur for anyone. I wonder if it's a timing thing and the part brakes down overtime which is why it hasn't been seen outside of south Korea.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Welp, lmk what you guys think. Im set up to fly next week to LA to pick up car. My dealer apparently already knows about fhe recall so I asked him if it would affect my pickup because zi would need to know so I can cancel my flight if needed. He said no.

I'm pretty skeptical tbh so I'm prepared for disappointment and my flight is refundable. I'm hoping i can still pickup!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welp, lmk what you guys think. Im set up to fly next week to LA to pick up car. My dealer apparently already knows about fhe recall so I asked him if it would affect my pickup because zi would need to know so I can cancel my flight if needed. He said no.

I'm pretty skeptical tbh so I'm prepared for disappointment and my flight is refundable. I'm hoping i can still pickup!
Hey, Im new here, but I'm scheduled for 5/25 delivery. Black limited. I spoke with service manager. Says he's fully aware of the situation. Software update will resolve. Said vehicle will be ready when it arrives. He sounded so confident, I'm nervous, lol. Good luck all, including me..

·
Registered
IONIQ 5 SEL AWD, 2021 Ioniq Electric Limited, 2004 Subaru Forester XT
99 Posts
Let's hope! My fingers are crossed for you, CaptNeeda.

• Love
Reactions: CaptNeeda

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Limited AWD Cyber Gray
604 Posts
If you have Auto Hold enabled and turn the car off, EPB will engage automatically. If you Auto Hold disabled, EPB will NOT automatically engage when car is turned off.

I always have Auto Hold enabled so I didn't know it didn't do this when it's off.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My service manager says software resolution. My pick up date is 5/25. He said this will not delay delivery-I'm nervous as I have my current vehicle being sold in 1 week.
Same info coming from a Hyundai 112 rep on Reddit:

HMA has informed us and I am sure all dealers of an available remedy for such issue. It seems to be a software update that it's required to correct the problem. As of now I do not have any other information I will keep updating as I get the information available to me.
Cheers!
https://www.reddit.com/r/Ioniq5/comments/uozg5g

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey, Im new here, but I'm scheduled for 5/25 delivery. Black limited. I spoke with service manager. Says he's fully aware of the situation. Software update will resolve. Said vehicle will be ready when it arrives. He sounded so confident, I'm nervous, lol. Good luck all, including me..
Best of luck to us!! I'm hoping it's just a software fix but we'll see. Seems like no dealership is stopping their sales at the moment as one near me has an SE available.

Let's hope! My fingers are crossed for you, CaptNeeda.
Thank you, sir! Next week is gonna be a mood swing one way or another lol!

Same info coming from a Hyundai 112 rep on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ioniq5/comments/uozg5g
Sounds like hopeful news! TY for update!

21 - 40 of 86 Posts