Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
RWD SEL
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, bhorn has graciously sacrificed his I5 for Torklift to test fit a 2" receiver hitch and it looks GREAT:

Torklift said it usually takes 2-3 months from test fit to production, but they said they do speed up the process with demand. So everyone waiting for a hitch, LET'S SHOWSOME DEMAND!!!

[email protected]

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Limited AWD Cyber Gray
124 Posts
Called them this morning. They have my name to call once available. They said approximately 2 months until available.
I would call as well if you are interested.

·
Registered
RWD SEL
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now you can pre-order! Delivery listed late April:

Also, this is Stainless steel which is awesome!

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 AWD SEL
17 Posts
Just got notice from fed-ex that my torklift hitch receiver has shipped.

Oddly enough there’s been no shipping confirmation from torklift. I wouldn’t know it is on the way if not for my enrollment in fedex tracking alerts.

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Limited AWD Cyber Gray
124 Posts
Great news! I was thinking this morning I would call them.

Just checked my FedEx app but nothing posted yet.
Looking forward to install my hitch.

·
Registered
Preferred AWD L.Blue
165 Posts
For those who are planning to tow something, not just using the hitch for something like a bike rack, does Torklift offer the wiring harness, or are people ordering that from Hyundai or elsewhere?

Looking over the installation instructions (thanks PaulTourkin!) it looks like Torklift expect the wiring harness to be pre-installed - see the middle bullet of step 6. I just wonder whether it may be harder to install the wiring harness after having first installed the EcoHitch.

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 SEL AWD Digitial Teal
108 Posts
For those who are planning to tow something, not just using the hitch for something like a bike rack, does Torklift offer the wiring harness, or are people ordering that from Hyundai or elsewhere?

Looking over the installation instructions (thanks PaulTourkin!) it looks like Torklift expect the wiring harness to be pre-installed - see the middle bullet of step 6. I just wonder whether it may be harder to install the wiring harness after having first installed the EcoHitch.
I've already installed the wiring harness prior to a hitch and it's safe to say that it won't interfere with installing the wiring harness. If you want the car to know it's towing and to be able to adjust range based on telling it what you're towing, the only option is to use the wiring harness from Hyundai. Not worth causing issues going with a third party to save a few bucks.

·
Registered
RWD SEL
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Does the wiring harness have any functionality related to opening the hatch? Just wondering what happens if I have bikes on the back and someone hits the button by mistake...

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Cyber Grey Limited
107 Posts
Does the wiring harness have any functionality related to opening the hatch? Just wondering what happens if I have bikes on the back and someone hits the button by mistake...
I had that problem on my Sportage with a bike rack on my hitch. The hatch tries to open and hits the rack and then closes again. I put a piece of closed cell rubber matting where it would hit so it wouldn't damage the door. No big deal. I turned off the automatic opener from the key fob. I never liked the key fob anyhow. It takes too long to open. I just reach down and open it with the button, it's faster.

On a side note, I contacted customer support for Torklift and they responded to my email immediately. They expect to ship my hitch by the end of April, next week. I had it back ordered since 3/8/22. Not too bad of service for something that wasn't designed back then.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts