Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had the first service today, it took longer than expected as they have to disconnect the 12v battery and wait for the car to fully power down I was told (about 30 minutes)

the tech did a thorough job as I watched closely from the viewing area, but he had the manuals out as some of the procedures are new to them but I got a good look under the car from the viewing area when it was raised to drain the oil,

total time including service wash was just over 2 hours (including updating the media unit / maps)

attached is the sheet, which shows the service items and if inspected / replaced etc on each of the service intervals (UK spec service 10k mile intervals)

the one thing I notice is the service reminder is now set to 10,000 miles not 12,500 :)

one question answered is the starter/generator belt replacement is 50,000 miles in the UK, looking in the manual other countries it varies from 30,000 - 70,000 miles depending on temperature and if sandy / harsh conditions

Attachments

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
The interesting thing on the Ioniq specific checklist you attached was the 10,000 mile oil change. Usually the first oil change is scheduled long before that so that metal bits from the engine manufacture are removed. Did you replace your oil earlier?

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
UK spec Hyundai's all have first oil change at 10k, not had one early for any of my new cars (skoda or hyundai)

my last skoda which was on variable service had its first oil change at 18k, no issues so long as correct fully synthetic oil used

·
Registered
134 Posts
When I bought my first new car many years ago (1973 Cortina GXL) the first oil change was at 1,000 miles. I asked the Hyundai dealer about an early oil change on my Ioniq and he said it wasn't necessary now as the engines are now built to much higher tolerances.

·
Registered
189 Posts
The interesting thing on the Ioniq specific checklist you attached was the 10,000 mile oil change. Usually the first oil change is scheduled long before that so that metal bits from the engine manufacture are removed. Did you replace your oil earlier?
Yep, that's how my Prius c was, or at least that's what the dealership told me. First one at 5k, then 10k intervals after that. And it's only a 2014.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hmm appears 'Brake Fluid' and 'Clutch Actuator Fluid' are supposed to be replaced ever 20,000? That seems awfully frequent. Also the 'Hybrid Starter Generator' belt every 50,000.

For the actuator fluid...is this common for Dual-Clutch setups?

I guess I'll 'be that guy'...but it seems like a lot more long-term maintenance than Toyota's Hybrid Synergy Drive...correct?

·
Registered
251 Posts
My 1997 BMW M3, which I no longer own, had the marque's green-yellow-red light system in the instrument cluster that signaled when oil changes were required based on, as I understand it, an algorithm that considered the specific driving conditions that the car experienced--number of cold starts, maximum RPM before the thermostat opened, etc. IIRC, the first one was at more than 10,000 miles. 'Course, I always babied the car, and all the miles on it were very gentle ones

On the other hand, I changed the oil in my 2014 Ford Focus ST at about 3,000 miles, even though the standard maintenance interval is 10,000 miles, because it's the first turbocharged car I've ever owned, I plan to keep it forever, and I wanted to play it safe. My 2004 Prius calls for oil changes every 7,500 miles, which I follow religiously, and my 2007 Honda S2000 is every 10,000 miles (again, IIRC).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts