Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally picked up new Ioniq Hybrid on Monday. First experience - 120 miles averaging about 55 mph. Love it! Ride was a little rougher than expected but acceleration from full stop was better than expected. We travel to see grandchildren in Chicago often and stop for gas 3 times in Veloster or Sonata hybrid. According to Ioniq range we should be able to go straight thru. Looking forward to that.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Glad to have yet another new owner on the forum, now that NA guys are getting these we're seeing an influx of members.
What other vehicles we're you looking at before deciding on the Ioniq?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hello KCSIONIQ, I'm new here as well so let's storm in and have fun among IONIQ owners!
Happy Ioniq owning!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the note. Didn't really seriously consider anything else. Basically looking to upgrade from 2014 Sonata hybrid so if there wasn't Ioniq probably would have gone with a new Sonata H. Timing just worked out.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Finally picked up new Ioniq Hybrid on Monday. First experience - 120 miles averaging about 55 mph. Love it! Ride was a little rougher than expected but acceleration from full stop was better than expected. We travel to see grandchildren in Chicago often and stop for gas 3 times in Veloster or Sonata hybrid. According to Ioniq range we should be able to go straight thru. Looking forward to that.
I'd suggest stopping once for gas before Chicago. You will save 10 to 20 cents per gallon. That's my game of course and GasBuddy sure makes it easier than how I used to have to play. You may like the luxury of filling up only once - we are only talking one or two dollars. You may still be able to do that if you fill up close to Chicago. I'm near empty every time I fill up, I don't like the chore more than anyone else.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi KCSIONIQ, and welcome to the forum. I hope you get as much enjoyment out of your Ioniq as what I have had the past two months out of mine! It is a great car, and lots of fun to drive. You can pick up a lot of valuable tips from the forum here. Good luck and keep us posted as to how your new car is working out on
those long trips to Chicago!

·
Registered
2017 Ioniq SEL
78 Posts
I looked at a 2017 Honda Civic and glad I didn't get it. Last civic was a 2006 and had 316,535 miles on it before my son did it in driving through water. I heard about the Ioniq and was sold on the lifetime battery deal. Never thought I would drive a hybrid but absolutely love it. 600 miles on it so far and getting 61~62 MPG. It's very flat on the Eastern Shore of Maryland.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts