Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my V2L adapter (since it doesn't come with the SE/SEL in the U.S.) from Parts Hyundai in Florida thanks to Tonys_I5 on this forum who had posted about it in another thread (he was even kind enough to test his out first and let me know it worked so I didn't feel so nervous about buying an expensive part that seems to have odd/limited availability in the U.S.). I wanted to buy it because our power company is threatening about summer blackouts and I want to use it as backup for our chest freezer if necessary.

Well, today we had a contractor over at the house and he had to shut down power for about an hour. I didn't care about the chest freezer for so short a time but I happened to be about halfway through slow-cooking a roast in the crock pot! So I ran an extension cord from the car and kept cooking while the power was out. 馃槉 Worked like a charm.

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle

This is the V2L at parts Hyundai,

Registered
2022 IONIQ5 Limited AWD Cyber Gray
That鈥檚 awesome! I鈥檝e been looking for a camping inductive cooktop - surprised I鈥檓 not finding any as this car, the lightening, Rivian all have ~1900W+ outlets

Registered
Ioniq 5 Ltd AWD
I ordered my V2L adapter (since it doesn't come with the SE/SEL in the U.S.) from Parts Hyundai in Florida thanks to Tonys_I5 on this forum who had posted about it in another thread (he was even kind enough to test his out first and let me know it worked so I didn't feel so nervous about buying an expensive part that seems to have odd/limited availability in the U.S.). I wanted to buy it because our power company is threatening about summer blackouts and I want to use it as backup for our chest freezer if necessary.

Well, today we had a contractor over at the house and he had to shut down power for about an hour. I didn't care about the chest freezer for so short a time but I happened to be about halfway through slow-cooking a roast in the crock pot! So I ran an extension cord from the car and kept cooking while the power was out. 馃槉 Worked like a charm.

View attachment 41248

This is the V2L at parts Hyundai,
Could you have used the back seat V2L plug?
Hand Watch Arm Muscle Human body

Registered
2022 I5 SEL Lucid Blue
Glad it worked out!! I was going to try using a Keurig at my next car show/EV expo as a demonstration and to keep myself awake throughout the events lol I think that would be a cool demo and shouldn't draw too much current.

Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Limited AWD Cyber Gray
V2L OEM on Ebay for $217 vs 518 from Hyundai...from So Korea...quite a difference in price...looks like the same part
It's not the same. The cheap one on eBay has an F plug, you need to use adapter to convert to USA plug. People have some issues with grounding with adapters.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts