Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys....

I am from Manchester, UK and glad to be part of this growing family. Ordered a Ioniq Hybrid Premium a week ago for delivery mid to end March. Was really difficult to get hold of one as all sold out throught out UK due to high demand and tax increases from April.

Also had to settle for Platinum Silver colour (wanted the Blue initially) due to availability in March. Let's hope it looks good in Silver now!

Anyways, wonderful forum this guy's and I am sure we will be interacting in days to come.

Can't wait to get my hands on my first Hybrid car.....0:)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hi guys....

I am from Manchester, UK and glad to be part of this growing family. Ordered a Ioniq Hybrid Premium a week ago for delivery mid to end March. Was really difficult to get hold of one as all sold out throught out UK due to high demand and tax increases from April.

Also had to settle for Platinum Silver colour (wanted the Blue initially) due to availability in March. Let's hope it looks good in Silver now!

Anyways, wonderful forum this guy's and I am sure we will be interacting in days to come.

Welcome. How did you enjoy your test drives? I am in the same boat as you, in that I am waiting on a Premium SE due around mid March. So maybe we are waiting on cars off the same boat. Lol.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your replies guys.

Yes ordered from Manchester area - Ryders of Warrington.

Test drive was ok. Had no problem in adjusting was the main thing.

And as anticipated, I can see Blue being a favourite colour. Just hope my Silver looks good too!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi bluecar1, have seen loads of ur posts here and appreciate ur contribution to the site.

I am currently driving a 2.2 Vectra Elite petrol automatic. Superb powerful car, had it a few years and absolutely loved it. I don't like Diesel engines and don't do many miles (mostly city driving with occasional motorways) so wanted a economical petrol family hatchback.

I was looking for a Hybrid car and used Prius ones when I got across the Ioniq. Did a bit of research and it seem to tick all the boxes so went for it. I did took a week to decide and by that time I could only get a Platinum Silver or White one for March delivery. Ordered the Silver as wife didn't wanted white and I couldn't be asked cleaning it too often.

Went for the Premium model as the basic SE did not have sat nav and other tech features (car play, heated seats, etc) that I wanted. And don't think the extra for Premium SE was justified so choose the middle Premium version.

Looking forward to enjoy on this forum with you guys.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Silver looks nice (what I have). Over the years, I find that silver/grey is the most lazy colour, ie. the one that looks reasonably clean after washing for some time. I would have gone with white (cheaper) but the sweetheart insisted on silver because its really her car and she keeps it clean :)

I have bought mine in Belgium, where we have two variants. The more expensive one has leather, heated seats, 17inch rims and some minor electronic gimmicks I didn't care about. 17inch makes the CO2 go up (and/because-of-the gas mileage) so taxes go up too. So choosing the cheaper one was a no-brainer for me. Why pay more for a car that has higher taxes and guzzles more.

I find that with the 15inch rims the car feels already 'connected to the road', 17inches might be overkill for a family car.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I fancied the premium se, as fancied making sure that it had everything i could possibly want this time around. plus i got it cheaper than a premium se, and a tiny bit more expensive that the standard se. No brainer for me

·
Registered
2019 Ionic Hybrid Premium. Platinum Silver
13 Posts
Hi guys....

Don't worry about the colour. I have a platinum silver premium hybrid and IMO it looks the dogs. I've treated mine to a couple of layers of Bilt Hamber speed wax and it's so easy to clean now. The dirt just drops off. Great to drive also. I'm sure you'll love it 👍👍

1 - 13 of 13 Posts