Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

Registered
My Premium has both, and will steer round curves. I found it a little annoying at first but we get on fine now. I don't always indicate if moving back into the slow lane (was taught I didn't need to many years ago!), so it doesn't like that.
The definition you quoted was incorrect. LKA steers as well. Are you sure you have both? can you check the settings in the instrument cluster?

Registered
Off topic perhaps, but this particular post seems to point out the following to me.

Can those new members, who haven't already done so, please add a Signature with your Ioniq year, model and trim details. 馃檹

With so many new 2020 Ioniqs and new members it's becoming more difficult to identify and compare models without this basic information, especially now that we have both 1st generation & 2nd generation cars. :unsure:

Click on your Avatar then Account Settings, then Signature to add details then Save and you're done and easily identifiable forever. :)

Adding a general location while you're in there helps a lot too. ;)

Thanks in advance. (y)

Registered
Please add a Signature with your Ioniq year, model and trim details @Electrickery and @Bodgerx and for that matter everyone else who reads this. 馃檹

With so many new 2020 cars and members it's more difficult to compare 1st generation to 2nd generation without this information. :unsure:

Click on your Avatar then Account Settings, then Signature to add details then Save and you're done and easily identifiable for ever. :)

Adding a general location while you're in there helps a lot too. ;)

Thanks in advance. (y)
I wholeheartedly agree! I notice that an inceasing number of posts on this forum are incorrect due to lack of model/location information or are requests for model/location information which should be unneccesay.

Mods isn't it time to make model and aproximate location mandatory so as to stop further confusion and mis-information?

Registered
The definition you quoted was incorrect. LKA steers as well. Are you sure you have both? can you check the settings in the instrument cluster?
Apologies, you are correct, it only has LKA, I was getting confused with LDW!
So what is the practical difference between the LFA and LKA? Does LFA add in blind spot / cross traffic monitoring etc?

Registered
So what is the practical difference between the LFA and LKA? Does LFA add in blind spot / cross traffic monitoring etc?
Great question! Strictly a Hyundai marketing term to pretend LKAS means poor performance. Which for Hyundai is true.

Registered
Or - delete the creep function so it behaves like a normal car!
Yeah, I can only presume they've made it like that so it's the same as a normal auto. If you hold the left paddle (this is the 38, not sure about the 28) though to come to a stop, it doesn't creep when you release, nor does it creep if you then apply the foot brake and release. So it doesn't "have" to do it.

Registered
Here you go @Electrickery check out this following recent post. As you will discover YRMV depending on individual settings, lighting conditions, road markings, expectations, etc.

This post among others you'll discover in a search are a good cross reference though and have already been pretty well hashed over IMO.

Seek and ye shall find.....

Registered
Discussion Starter #30
I wholeheartedly agree! I notice that an inceasing number of posts on this forum are incorrect due to lack of model/location information or are requests for model/location information which should be unneccesay.

Mods isn't it time to make model and aproximate location mandatory so as to stop further confusion and mis-information?
Mandatory! What is this......some sort of dictatorship? Pretty sure my subject heading gave away all the information required.

Waist 36
Inside leg 32
Collar 17.5

馃槈

Registered
Mandatory! What is this......some sort of dictatorship? Pretty sure my subject heading gave away all the information required.

Waist 36
Inside leg 32
Collar 17.5

馃槈
But if you added the RELEVENT information as a one off exercise you would not need to repeat it every time you asked a question. Life doesn't have to be difficult!

Registered
It would be easier to have separate sections for 28 and 38.
Agreed, @BeefyJ, but what if you just happened to post or reply in General Discussion for example? :unsure:

PS Besides there are 3 distinctly different Ioniq models in this equation X 2 generations now.

Registered
Try only using regen 1 when driving. I have found that on regen 2 &3 you use more power. Only use 2&3 on hills.I get 4 mile to kwh on cold days. On hot day 5+ miles kwh. Heater does eat into the range.

Registered
Do we have any stats on that ? I like to use level 3 exclusively (EV) as I have more control with just one foot ("one pedal driving").
It really depends on your driving style as well as the regen mode. Eg if you are driving on regen 3 effectively driving as if you are using full braking and braking late at junctions turns etc then this will clearly not be as efficient as slowing down gently using a small amount of regen. It will always be more efficient to leave as much energy in the battery, rather than using that energy and trying to get it back through a high regen level.
Not as wasteful as in an ICE which will just lose all the energy as heat in the brakes but still wasteful.
But even on regen level 3, it still depends on how much you lift off the accelerator, so it's all really down to personal driving style.
In my opinion regen 3 is a bit sea sick inducing though!

Registered
I just dislike the "pulse and glide" style of regen 0 or 1. It's fine for me but I know it's infuriating for people following me so I avoid it. I'd like to know just about how much a difference we're talking about between the two.

If we're talking 10km more of range using regen 0 or 1 than regen 3, I might consider it (at least when I need the range) but we're we're talking about 500m then nevermind.

Registered
I just dislike the "pulse and glide" style of regen 0 or 1. It's fine for me but I know it's infuriating for people following me so I avoid it. I'd like to know just about how much a difference we're talking about between the two.

If we're talking 10km more of range using regen 0 or 1 than regen 3, I might consider it (at least when I need the range) but we're we're talking about 500m then nevermind.
I'm in the same position. I prefer using Regen 3 and using the accelerator

Registered
Had my Premium SE a week today, and today had the under tray covering the battery come off and drag. Temporary fix in place and booked into Hyundai next week to get fixed.....other than that issue it鈥檚 a great car....

21 - 40 of 56 Posts