Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Summary - LOVING IT! (Apart from that crappy rear visibility)

I‘m not into colour, the ladies of my residence took that decision from me, but I do like it. Despite my colour deficiency (red/green) and a long history of poor outfit combinations I do think the ES works. It really does change based on angle, ambient conditions etc, and photos don’t ‘get it’.

interior and build quality are fine to good, but it’s all a matter of experience and perceptions I guess. Nothing looks like it’s going to break off. I love blue highlighting, but maybe it’s a little over done, again, taste and personal preference.
The electronics will take me forever to understand, but I’ve got 80% of it within a couple of days.....and I love tech.

Range/Battery - does what it says! Unbelievable for a c-zero to leaf 24 2nd gen driver. Heating, wet road (25%) and 5 people onboard I drove 110 miles on 80:20 motorway/urban at 4.5 miles per kWh. Cruise set at 66mph, Ext temp 7-9oC. Return trip, same route and conditions but a bit of head wind, 4.1.
My commute is 31 miles each way, drops 900ft on the way, return climbs 900ft surprisingly. 15% going in and 20% coming home. Wet/moderate wind/19C auto heating.

Power - not interested. It keeps up with all traffic. I’ve had a TT911 and every motorbike going, I get my thrills elsewhere 🤔🙄🙈

Space - short of headroom for 6fters in the back but leg room ok.

Comfort - I was sat in it for almost 9hrs on Wednesday, 1hr too long for the seats.

LKA - takes some getting used to. ACC - in commuting **** is genius, loving the road works! Lol

Taking any questions.....but happy days so far.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What would your overall range have been? I presume you charged for return journey and for how long? Thanks
Was looking like 160-170 miles.
I charged it up from 42% to 80% on an Instavolt 50kW for 30 mins (initially charging at approx 34kW, it dropped to 14.6kW at some late point in the charge). I had time so I stayed on and went to 90% at 14 ish kW charging.

I actually had time at the half way point, whilst daughter and friends were in a concert, to charge enough to get home via a 7kW post. Unfortunately the POD points I found wouldn’t claim a charge. I then moved to a Shell rapid, which was EV’d by a Tesla who uses the point to park, disguised by attaching a ‘fast’ charge all day.....which had finished but the car was blocking the unit access 🙄🙈. So I decided to travel a bit further and get a guaranteed charge at Insta! Only problem was that the car park they were in needed paying for (£1) and I only had 80p change......so had to download an app for parking and the cost was then £1.20. 🙄.

58BBFC40-063E-4ED4-9C72-0DF3D11E18D6.jpeg

·
Registered
63 Posts
Looking smart and thanks for update. Can’t wait to get my Premium in March. I was unsure about the Premium but the fabric seats look good and I decided it was not worth paying the extra considering the high initial spec

·
Registered
6 Posts
Reason I ask is I live on a terrace street and thinking about getting a 7.5 m cable

·
Registered
271 Posts
Looks great! Your range estimates match what I've seen in the 2,500 miles I've driven. I'm looking forward to the potential 200-210 miles in the summer. I absolutely still love the car and still learning subtle things here and there.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Premium has LKA, Premium SE has the LFA. One bongs and warns, the other actually does some steering I believe.

·
Registered
Ioniq Premium SE 2020
106 Posts
Our of interest for OP and those who have the car, do you find you use Auto Hold or have you got into the habit of holding the break when stationary?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Our of interest for OP and those who have the car, do you find you use Auto Hold or have you got into the habit of holding the break when stationary?
I use it when i remember. I would really like it to Auto hold by default. You can still kinda creep if you don't push all the way with the brake

·
Registered
719 Posts
I have a 2017 with autohold selected by toggle switch and find it works well. If I am in town where I can expect to have a lot of stops at traffic lights etc. I select autohold , find it works very well and is useful. When on the open road with only occasional possible stops or when manuovering in tight spaces it is better to have it off. So being able to select/deselect works well for me.;)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Premium has LKA, Premium SE has the LFA. One bongs and warns, the other actually does some steering I believe.
My Premium has both, and will steer round curves. I found it a little annoying at first but we get on fine now. I don't always indicate if moving back into the slow lane (was taught I didn't need to many years ago!), so it doesn't like that.

·
Registered
45 Posts
My Premium has both, and will steer round curves. I found it a little annoying at first but we get on fine now. I don't always indicate if moving back into the slow lane (was taught I didn't need to many years ago!), so it doesn't like that.
Interesting, the Hyundai site says only the Premium SE has both. Specs must have changed.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 56 Posts