Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just updated to the latest firmware for my Standard GEN5W and now my speed and mileage and fuel on the dashboard is showing KM and not miles.On the satnav it is showing miles. Under general settings there is no Units icon to change it to miles. Has anyone had the same problem? If so how did you change it. I`m in the UK.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have taken my car to the Hyundai dealer this morning . They have called my to say they are not able to sort the problem and they have been intouch with Hyundai who are aware off the problem. They have said that they are downloading a bigger software and they hope it will sort the problem for me. If Hyundai know there is a problem why are they still allowing the firmware to be downloaded.

·
Super Moderator
2,410 Posts
I have taken my car to the Hyundai dealer this morning . They have called my to say they are not able to sort the problem and they have been intouch with Hyundai who are aware off the problem. They have said that they are downloading a bigger software and they hope it will sort the problem for me. If Hyundai know there is a problem why are they still allowing the firmware to be downloaded.
Just come off chat with customer support and they say disconnect the 12 volt battery for 10 seconds and reconnect. I asked how to disconnect the battery in a 2021 ( as the 12 Volt battery is part of the high voltage battery ) and she said to to press and hold the battery reset button for 10 seconds and it should work .
Hope it does :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just come off chat with customer support and they say disconnect the 12 volt battery for 10 seconds and reconnect. I asked how to disconnect the battery in a 2021 ( as the 12 Volt battery is part of the high voltage battery ) and she said to to press and hold the battery reset button for 10 seconds and it should work .
Hope it does :)
You`ll have to let us know if it works. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2,410 Posts
That`s a shame. I`ll wait and see what theHyundai dealer says when they finally get contact me.They have had the car since 8.45 this morning. I`ll let you know it may help you out. Thanks.
Hope they can sort it . In the meantime I've printed out all the relevant speed limit conversions from mph to kph in an attempt to avoid speeding tickets :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have just updated to the latest firmware for my Standard GEN5W and now my speed and mileage and fuel on the dashboard is showing KM and not miles.On the satnav it is showing miles. Under general settings there is no Units icon to change it to miles. Has anyone had the same problem? If so how did you change it. I`m in the UK.
soft reset would do the job, press the black button next to your volume knob ;-)

·
Registered
2019 PHEV Ultimate
1,406 Posts
It did FA
According to this post, there's a disconnect for the Ioniq Hybrid's integrated 12V Li-ion battery underneath a cover by the left rear seat. It's the nuclear option, but it would be interesting to see whether or not it works to get mph back on the display after the update.

Reactions: Leafocaster

·
Super Moderator
2,410 Posts
According to this post, there's a disconnect for the Ioniq Hybrid's integrated 12V Li-ion battery underneath a cover by the left rear seat. It's the nuclear option, but it would be interesting to see whether or not it works to get mph back on the display after the update.
Thanks for the link Kevin , but I won't be disconnecting anything whilst the car is under warranty ( chickenshit or wise ? ) . I'm more likely to pop it into the dealer for resolution . It's more of an inconvenience than anything so I'll probably attend to it at my next service :)

1 - 20 of 54 Posts