Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went negative range 22.5 miles. This record Florida heat and avoidance of highways definitely helped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Congrats! You may be first to reach that milestone on this forum. First I've seen. But stop driving normal 11% of time! Big rush?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forgot to post the fuel receipt! I think the crazy heat has a large effect of mpg, that and knowing this car has a large reserve and you can drive for quite a few miles while showing no range left!

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Internal combustion engines have peak efficiency between 80 and 85 degrees ambient. That's courtesy of incredible documentation of Prius owners on PriusChat. However in my own vehicles, there is a high correlation with that finding. Above or below that zone, mpg suffers. That includes my Niro (whose peak mpg of 59 for a full tank at 65 mph top speed is only reached at that temperature), motorcycle (which gets 79 mpg full tank in that zone at 65 mph), and my last car, a PT Cruiser. I live in four season Ohio so my mileage runs the full gamut of results.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For the Ioniq I’ve found it to be the hotter the better with no drop off once over 90 degrees. Tampa Florida has been experiencing record heat with most days over 90+ and that seems to be why in my small sample size of one tank my mpg has been quite high.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
It is. You may have to wait for fall, but I'd bet your mpg will be very similar in 75 degree weather. Perhaps a tad better with perhaps not needing AC.

·
Registered
164 Posts
O.M.G. those prices of fuel in the U.S. $1.969/Gal !!!
1 gallon = 3.7854 liter
1.969/3.7854 = 0.52 dollar per liter
1 euro = 1.13 dollar
$0.52 / 1.13 = 0.46 euro/liter.
One litre in NL is 1.60 euro !! (varies every day)
€1.60/L = $6.84/gal in the Netherlands !!

Think I should move to the US.

·
Registered
777 Posts
O.M.G. those prices of fuel in the U.S. $1.969/Gal !!!
1 gallon = 3.7854 liter
1.969/3.7854 = 0.52 dollar per liter
1 euro = 1.13 dollar
$0.52 / 1.13 = 0.46 euro/liter.
One litre in NL is 1.60 euro !! (varies every day)
€1.60/L = $6.84/gal in the Netherlands !!

Think I should move to the US.
Only if you want to risk getting shot LOL.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrats! You may be first to reach that milestone on this forum. First I've seen. But stop driving normal 11% of time! Big rush?
yticolev! You forgot my post from the other day! With pics included as proof

·
Registered
537 Posts
I’m happily driving my manual transmission Mazda these days and enjoying every drop of fuel I waste. I hope it’s a phase and will pass. If not then I’ll have to trade in the Ionic for a muscle car. Ionic is becoming boring in the era of working from home and not having to commute each day.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’m happily driving my manual transmission Mazda these days and enjoying every drop of fuel I waste. I hope it’s a phase and will pass. If not then I’ll have to trade in the Ionic for a muscle car. Ionic is somehow getting boring.
I’m in that same boat too, I’ve often had sports/muscle cars and I’ve been thinking about buying a used ZL1 Camaro when my Ioniq is paid off in two years part of me thinks it’s the boredom that has been brought on by this pandemic!

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
yticolev! You forgot my post from the other day! With pics included as proof
Nope, I didn't. You started this thread! What I said in the other thread is that you were first to report, however PhaseTaylor had done it first, and reported second. You both did great!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts