Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the Mississauga Hyundai dealership sent out an email with the Ioniq pricing! Unfortunately, it is only for the hybrid models and not any of the electric Ioniq trims. Still it's better than nothing and hopefully the EV pricing won't be far behind.

Ioniq Pricing:
Blue- $24,299
SE - $26,499
Limited -$29,749
Limited with Technology - $31,749

Please note that these prices do not include the freight & PDI and government fee’s.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thanks for posting this! These prices look like they're about 10% above US prices. I hope the Electric is also only 10% above the US price.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Using those prices and calculating them with the US ones, the EVs should hopefully start between $32000 to $34000 and the Limited around $36000.

It would really be great if the EV base is, let's say, $32500 and the Cold Climate Package around $34000. As long as it's below $35000 which is around the price of a Kia Soul EV.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Posted this in another thread, but I saw EV pricing at a dealer this morning:

SE: $35,449 (pretty sure about this)
SE CCP: $36,649 (I put a refundable deposit on one of these, so I'm pretty sure this is right)
Limited: $41,xxx (didn't catch the exact number here, but I think it started with a 41)

Salesman thinks this is MSRP only, but we'll find out for sure on Tuesday (when the announcement is scheduled, apparently). Definitely more of a markup relative to the US than we see w/ the hybrid, unfortunately.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for the pricing info... It's a good starting point for sure. Is there a thread or a doc that itemizes the different trim levels? Nothing on the Canadian hyundai site that gives those differences.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Thanks for the pricing info... It's a good starting point for sure. Is there a thread or a doc that itemizes the different trim levels? Nothing on the Canadian hyundai site that gives those differences.
The dealers already have the printed brochure months ago. Go grab one.

·
Registered
176 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
With this pricing, I am going to seriously looking at the Volt as it is the same price as the SE With CCP, it will probably have better deal than the Ioniq as there are quite a bit of inventory. Gets the same $14k rebate in Ontario. No need to spend over $1k for level 2 charger, no worry about range and the pure EV range is good for over 90% of my drive. All the user review are excellent and very minimal servicing based on user review. I looked and test drive it last fall and I like it (before I heard about the Ioniq). The only thing is interior space but that is not a deal breaker for me

·
Registered
169 Posts
The Volt does sound like a better deal, but it's down to what you want aside from a good deal. I'd much prefer the aesthetics of the Ioniq and there's the option to shop around for the best deal before rebates and incentives.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Those looking at a Volt... beware that although it is a bigger car, it has less than half the cargo capacity of the Ioniq. The Ioniq has ~23.8cuft, while the Volt only has ~10.6cuft. Passenger area also looks reduced, according to https://www.cars.com/research/compare/?acodes=USC70HYC321A0,USC70CHC311A0

I wonder if anyone is willing to buy over the US/Canada border for the better prices? At least the Lifetime Battery warranty wouldn't apply, though...

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
The warranty will still apply, although you may have to cross the border for service. There is a little hitch to buying in Canada, it is against Hyundai's rules. A dealership may go against that, but it cause trouble in addition to warranty issues. Best bet is to wait a year and buy one used, ideally in a province like Ontario where the original purchaser got a CA $14,000 incentive. You can offer more than he paid a year ago and you both win big!

·
Registered
88 Posts
With this pricing, I am going to seriously looking at the Volt as it is the same price as the SE With CCP, it will probably have better deal than the Ioniq as there are quite a bit of inventory. Gets the same $14k rebate in Ontario. No need to spend over $1k for level 2 charger, no worry about range and the pure EV range is good for over 90% of my drive. All the user review are excellent and very minimal servicing based on user review. I looked and test drive it last fall and I like it (before I heard about the Ioniq). The only thing is interior space but that is not a deal breaker for me
According to Chevy's site, the Volt starts at $38490, but I guess if you can get a deal it comes down to the same price. The Volt seems too small for me, and I'd rather not have to cart around and worry about an ICE if I can avoid it, but by most accounts it's an excellent car and is effectively getting a lot of people driving more electric km than gasoline km, which is a good and important thing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts