Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much extra petrol can you add after the first automated shut off at the pump? I can get another gallon or so in on my current Kia Soul giving me around an extra 45 miles touring range on a 'tank full'. It takes a while to do it with the nozzle almost out of the top of the filler neck and a careful hand on the trigger! I wouldn't do it if I wasn't going to use the car straight away to avoid warm air expansion etc.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Well, we don't do that very often, it takes a while before the tank gets empty :).
I remember last time I filled the tank, I just let it fill to the first automatic stop, wait 3-5 seconds and then slowly, but not drop by drop, fill till the next shut-off. That's only less than one litre extra. I don't want to fill drop by drop to the top of the filler neck with the risk of overflow and to see petrol marks on the paint.

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
i normally fill to first click, give it a few seconds then fill to 2nd click, job done

i have heard you can damage the carbon canister used to filter the petrol fumes if you fill it to brim ??

also unless you fill it to the same point every time its hard to keep track on places like fuelly

1 - 3 of 3 Posts