Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I had to call Hyundai Rescue over the weekend as, following a permanent EML light showing on my Ioniq HEV, I suffered a complete power loss and could neither start nor lock the car. The AA turned up very promptly, diagnosed a flat battery and got me going again. He also read the fault code for me as follows:

Patrol found the following fault code/s: System : Engine control - JXO / Kappa 3.0 Status 036500 - Camshaft position sensor B (bank 1). Error Message : Malfunction. Fault active. Status 036600 - Camshaft position sensor B (bank 1). Error Message : Outside specified range. Historical fault. Engine management light on relating to above fault codes.
Battery voltage 6 volts. Vehicle started after slave start. Advised to run engine for minimum 30 minutes to recharge battery.

He seemed to think that the battery was failing (at 3 years old) but this was unconnected to the fault code issue. I rang my dealer today only to find that they are closed indefinitely as (I was told) garages are not allowed to open unless their service departments are physically separate from the sales departments, and that he did not know of a single dealer in the UK that was open! Surely the solution to this is just to close the sales depts then? Can others confirm a complete dealer shutdown, even though garages can remain open for servicing under the present regulations?
In the meantime, could anyone please advise me if I can continue to drive the vehicle with the above malfunction showing up, or is this likely to cause damage? Thanks.

·
Registered
369 Posts
12V battery needs the Battery Saver+ switch on via the dashboard settings to help it. As said above the UK battery warrenty is 2 years. Maybe set it on charge for a good 24hrs... or 2 overnight 12hour charges to give it a boost.

I had a similar camshaft error message with rough engine at hard acceleration. The EML came on in Red triangle came up... stop driving. I switched to EV for rest of journey. Plugs swap fixed it but they tried injectors too.

If you have not got the EML triangular light on and no rough engine then you have probably suffered an historic one off fail that was recorded. Did the Hyundai man clear the fault?
Probably OK to drive. So long as no Engine Management light is on.

Full info on errors. I had P0011 "A" Camshaft position over advanced or system... And
P0304 cylinder 4 mistfire also the code for multiple cylinder misfires.
These errors were associated with foot to the floor in Sport mode and gave rough engine.
My car is 2017 PHEV. The engine was cold as I had been running in EV mode for 10 miles but needed HEV mode to get home.
2 months later I got P0340 and P0341 - both camshaft position sensor circuits bad. EML orange triangle came up. Found a new local dealer who swapped them both (inlet and exhaust)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts