Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my HEV several protection foils were ordered and installed as well. Was afraid that although they are almost invisible transparent, over time they would deteriorate and dirt would identify them. Fortunately nothing of this happened.

For those Ioniqers with children, pets or careless passengers i can surely recommend protection foils installed at factory. I have them on all doorsteps, back hood bumper and behind every doorgrip. These places are vulnerable for paint damage and scratches costly to repair. Cannot post a picture of them because they are almost invisible.?

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
What about the front? That is where rocks and bugs are most likely to do damage.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What about the front? That is where rocks and bugs are most likely to do damage.
The front indeed will indeed benefit from this foil. I guess this will become a costly operation because of the shaping and glueing on the front spoiler. But your idea is good.
Anyone available experienced with front foils?. They are not delivered at factory.
Prices in Holland:

- Back Hood bumper € 59
- 4 Door handles € 55
- 4 Doorsteps € 121

All 21% VAT included

Perhaps foiling the entire car is the optimal solution.:(

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My Honda's doorsteps had lots of annoying scratches of shoes climbing in. This foil is a very nice preventive solution for this. However on the front spoiler sharp stones will probably puncture it at high speeds.So better leave your glue and scissors in the drawer.

BTW: you also better leave the foiling to a specialized dealer or the factory. Doing it yourself may "spoil" everything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts