Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've had my Hybrid in base spec SE for a week or so now, and wondered if all cars are like this.
Basically my legs are a little long so I keep my left foot to the inside of the foot rest. However I noticed that I kept feeling movement. Looking, and I added a pic, the steering column on my car is exposed so that's what I could feel moving. Are all cars like this, as it seems a little dangerous?

Thanks,
Guy

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
that picture looks right,

have you adjusted the steering wheel, it has up and down, as well as in and out adjustment (see attached page from manual), this may enable you to move the seat back a bit so you can use the foot rest, I am just over 6 foot and long legs and I can use the foot rest ok, but I have the steering wheel right out

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
If you had a manual gearbox the clutch pedal would probably prevent you from touching the steering column.The column tends to be exposed in most cars.I had a mk3 automatic Mondeo that I could feel the column with my foot.
I had a look at mine (Se Premium model)and the steering column exit through the floor pan is a good way back. I am 6ft 4 in tall with 34 in inside leg and with the seat positioned right back and left leg full stretch I can't reach it. I tend to use the foot rest.Also if you have seat raised slightly this tends to put you closer to steering wheel.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for both confirming I'm not the only one...Guess it's cheaper not to create and fit a cover :)

I'll see if I can adjust my seating position.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just a further thought does the SE model have less seat adjustment as I believe it is manual whereas the Premium and SE Premium have electrically adjusted seats

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just a further thought does the SE model have less seat adjustment as I believe it is manual whereas the Premium and SE Premium have electrically adjusted seats
Ha. Only issue about moving the seat further back is providing leg room to my eldest. :)

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Ha. Only issue about moving the seat further back is providing leg room to my eldest. :)
oh dear , "dads taxi" syndrome :)

you could always suggest a bit of walking exercise :) or they could sit in the middle seat that everyone avoids :)

but they then try the guilt trip if like my kids, I get "why walk when you have a car" or "I won't go then"

kids

1 - 10 of 10 Posts