Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I presume there is one trickle charger cable (granny cable) and one AC charger cable for EV charge point (home or public). But can't find the details in the manual. Anybody know exactly what cables (with the standard code for the plugs) and what lengths?

I've been approved for a free home charge point today (here in Ireland). It's a basic 16A / 3.6kW (non-tethering) charge point that as standard will be installed on the outside wall of my house but I would like to consider my options (and paying extra money) for having it installed elsewhere / upgrading it to 32A, etc.

·
Registered
254 Posts
At least in the Netherlands the trickle charge cable and the cable for normal charging (Mennekes also called type2) come with the car.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yup, type 2 to type 2 and a 3-pin granny charger. I don't know the lengths though, I'm afraid.

The upgrade to 32a/7kw home charging is worth it. Hyundai actually cover the distance in cost between the OLEV grant and a 7kw Pod Point in The UK (not sure if that includes NI). I only had to pay the extra for the lollipop mounting pole as I couldn't have mine on a wall or fence.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Unkel,

I've just purchased an Ioniq and am about to organise the ESB to install the home charge point. Like you said, they only install the 16A / 3.6 kW whereas I think I'd rather install the 32A while I'm at it. I was just wondering did you find an electrician to install the 32A charger and if you did would you mind telling me how much it cost?

Also, can anybody tell me how long is the charge cable for the Ioniq. I've been looking for info on it but can't find it anywhere.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@ade - Hyundai already gave me €4,000 scrappage plus I negotiated a generous discount. They have nothing more left to give me :p
@Sir Loin - haven't got the ESB subcontractor in yet who is going to do the install. I'm getting the impression that they will do extra work / upgrades if you pay them. Will let you know what he says.

·
Registered
359 Posts
@ade - Hyundai already gave me €4,000 scrappage plus I negotiated a generous discount. They have nothing more left to give me :p

@Sir Loin - haven't got the ESB subcontractor in yet who is going to do the install. I'm getting the impression that they will do extra work / upgrades if you pay them. Will let you know what he says.
Get the tech to install a flux capacitor while you're at it ;)

I heard they can nearly double our range.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts