Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
81 - 100 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
That you have just too few samples? How did you get them (IIRC, my smartphone does not send anything back)? Can the car measure what's going through the charging cable (in contrast to what's stored in the battery)?
Not sure I understood your reply.
These are top 6 consumption ranking from the website (the premium version will allow you to sync data to the website).

I would conclude several things.

Ioniq seems to be the most efficient model in terms of consumption (no big surprise there).

jarhuh (Ioniq 38) has the best overall consumption (over +8000kms logged, so it should be consistent)... But he's third on the wall-to-wheel (consumption excluding regen braking).
That mean there might be room for improvement (difference is only 1.6kWh/100km).

jferreira (Kona 64kWh) for instance is doing very well, but with around 8.6kWh/100km of difference between consumption and wall-to-wheel consumption he's using regen breaking heavily.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·

·
Registered
Ioniq 38kWh
103 Posts
Feedback to the current version:
  • the cell voltage in the overview page (2 swipes to the right?) shows now just 1 digit after the decimal point instead of 2 digits in previous versions (is this intentional?)
  • the screen that shows all cell voltages (3 swipes to the right?) just loads and loads without finishing. Stopped after ~1min.

Where can I get previous versions to verify?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Feedback to the current version:
  • the cell voltage in the overview page (2 swipes to the right?) shows now just 1 digit after the decimal point instead of 2 digits in previous versions (is this intentional?)
  • the screen that shows all cell voltages (3 swipes to the right?) just loads and loads without finishing. Stopped after ~1min.

Where can I get previous versions to verify?
Can I see some screenshots?

·
Registered
Ioniq 38kWh
103 Posts
- the cell voltage in the overview page (2 swipes to the right?) shows now just 1 digit after the decimal point instead of 2 digits in previous versions (is this intentional?)
I can't reproduce that today. Maybe my memory was wrong.

- the screen that shows all cell voltages (3 swipes to the right?) just loads and loads without finishing. Stopped after ~1min.
This is still reproducible:
Font Electronic device Screenshot Multimedia Parallel
The previous version worked fine:
Font Screenshot Software Parallel Computer

·
Registered
Ioniq 38kWh
103 Posts
the cell voltage in the overview page (2 swipes to the right?) shows now just 1 digit after the decimal point instead of 2 digits in previous versions (is this intentional?)
I've found a picture (a few days old) where it shows 3.9V instead of 3.90V.
Font Slope Rectangle Parallel Symmetry

·
Registered
Ioniq 38kWh
103 Posts
Maybe you can set a number format that shows 2 digits after the dot to avoid confusion?

·
Registered
Ioniq 38kWh
103 Posts
Is anybody of the Ioniq 38 owners being able to read the cell values using the latest official version of EV Watchdog? I can't - 100% reliably reproduce the hang.

·
Registered
Ioniq 38kWh
103 Posts
There also was a usability problem: an error message with OK button could be shown at the very bottom of the display overlapping with the 3 navigation buttons. Better don't use that navigation area.

·
Registered
2 Posts
There is indeed a problem with the cells map for the Ioniq 38, should be fixed for the next release to be available soon.
I have the same issue - cell values not showing up. Please fix it asap, I've payed for your app, I would like to use it's full functionality.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
I have the same issue - cell values not showing up. Please fix it asap, I've payed for your app, I would like to use it's full functionality.
It's done... Still fixing some other things before the release.

But expect for the map to be replaced for something more useful like an histogram in future release.

·
Registered
Ioniq 38kWh
103 Posts
How reliable is the output of the SoC? Is it just a value read from the car or is it calculated in Watchdog? I'm asking because for my 2021 Ioniq a SoC of 90% was shown - the min/max voltages are nearly identical and only very seldom I charge up to 100% (maybe did 3 or 4 times only) while normally I keep the SoC between 30% and 70%.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
How reliable is the output of the SoC? Is it just a value read from the car or is it calculated in Watchdog? I'm asking because for my 2021 Ioniq a SoC of 90% was shown - the min/max voltages are nearly identical and only very seldom I charge up to 100% (maybe did 3 or 4 times only) while normally I keep the SoC between 30% and 70%.
There is actually two different SoCs: BMS SoC and Display SoC both have are retrieved from the interface and suffer no transformation.

BMS SoC is the one on the Battery Screen (upper left) and is the "true" SoC which includes the upper buffer (usually stops at 95% to keep a 5% upper buffer)
Display Soc is in the Main Screen (inside the battery icon) and corresponds to the "useable SoC" this one excludes the upper buffer and stops at 100%

What is calculated by the App is the corresponding charge (ah/kWh) and capacity (ah/kWh)

·
Registered
Ioniq 38kWh
103 Posts
Sorry, I meant
How reliable is the output of the SoH? Is it just a value read from the car or is it calculated in Watchdog? I'm asking because for my 2021 Ioniq a SoH of 90% was shown ...

81 - 100 of 101 Posts