Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
No ICE, this is only for EV vehicles.

But there's a PHEV Watchdog App (available on the playstore) that keeps track of ICE operation time while monitoring.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have an OBDLinx LX and it works fine with Soul EV Spy. I tried two other adapters that were flaky as crap or simply didn't work with Soul EV Spy or EVNotify. At that point I stopped dicking around and just bought the OBDLinx LX. No problems since. The hefty price tag does hurt however.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
The OBDLink LX is a nice one.
I've been using the same unit for more than 6 years and over 120000kms (75000mi) logged without a single issue and it's always plugged in.

Yet for the App you'll need to make sure it's not above v4.6.2 of the firmware which has introduced a new protocol and will not work with the App.
If above you can downgrade right from the OBDLink LX App.

·
IONIQ Electric, SE (w/ CCP) 2018.
920 Posts
Man, that looks great!

Reactions: Watchdog

·
Registered
Ioniq 38kWh
65 Posts
Just for my understanding: this runs on a Android smartphone and connects with the car using an OBD2 bluetooth adapter?

The screenshots are VERY good looking.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello! Is there an obd2 adapter that transmits data to EV watchdog via GSM? I wish I could read data about the battery status, but not be physically near the car. For example when the car is on charge at a public station. My car is Ioniq EV 2020, without bluelink. Thank you!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Hello! Is there an obd2 adapter that transmits data to EV watchdog via GSM? I wish I could read data about the battery status, but not be physically near the car. For example when the car is on charge at a public station. My car is Ioniq EV 2020, without bluelink. Thank you!
OBD2 adapter can be either bluetooth or wifi, but check question 16. of the FAQ on the website: EV Watchdog net @ FAQ

·
Registered
Ioniq 38kWh
65 Posts
OBD2 adapter can be either bluetooth or wifi, but check question 16. of the FAQ on the website: EV Watchdog net @ FAQ
There are a couple of errors in that FAQ entry: kWh = kilo Watt * hours and Ah = Ampere * hours

Also, the link to download the app does not work.

Is it possible to disable the perspective grid in the background?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
There are a couple of errors in that FAQ entry: kWh = kilo Watt * hours and Ah = Ampere * hours

Also, the link to download the app does not work.

Is it possible to disable the perspective grid in the background?
I'm still revising the website and you're right thanks, I've just corrected it.

No, not a this time background can't be changed.
But planning to add different selectable backgrounds in a future release.

·
Registered
2019 Ioniq 28kWh
282 Posts
Would it be possible to have the app work with OVMS. A really compact unit that transmits data from the car you your device. OVMS got integrated sim card for IOT, GPS, wifi and CAN reader in a small unit. really nifty thing but not supported for Ioniq yet

It's open source too

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq EV
15 Posts
Hi,
I'm trying to connect with a Konnwei kw902 (bluetooth), one of the listed OBD adapters. No luck yet. Te device is paired and selected under "Settings" in the app, but no data are showed.
I thought in a bad unit, but after testing with ELM327 Identifier, everything seem to be ok (see attached image)

Screenshot_20201222-181702_ELM327 Identifier.jpg

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Would it be possible to have the app work with OVMS. A really compact unit that transmits data from the car you your device. OVMS got integrated sim card for IOT, GPS, wifi and CAN reader in a small unit. really nifty thing but not supported for Ioniq yet

It's open source too

I do know OVMS which is quite interesting but feels like a niche and it's on the roadmap..
But I'm not saying no, at least at this moment.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Hi,
I'm trying to connect with a Konnwei kw902 (bluetooth), one of the listed OBD adapters. No luck yet. Te device is paired and selected under "Settings" in the app, but no data are showed.
I thought in a bad unit, but after testing with ELM327 Identifier, everything seem to be ok (see attached image)

View attachment 33090
The KW902 has some reliably issues (high failure rate) but it should work.
Please send an email to: [email protected]

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
v1.1 now available: EV Watchdog Free - Apps on Google Play
  • Fixed starting live data not cancelling when no communication (Build 2021JAN08)
  • Fixed landscape orientation screen issues (Build 2021JAN08)
  • Fixed kWh cost parsing (Build 2021JAN08)
  • Fixed About Screen not displaying right (Build 2021JAN08)
  • Several other fixes and adjustments (Build 2021JAN08)
FAQ here: EV Watchdog Android monitoring App - FAQ

And be sure to join the dedicated fb group where I share all the developments:
Facebook Groups

·
Registered
166 Posts
Looks great, thanks.
In setting, I do not see "enter your car", is it identified automatically by the app?

21 - 40 of 77 Posts