Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

What makes it entertaining is the banter between Mr Andrew Till and his Italian wife Flaviana. She has lots of insightful and very honest comments (along with some comments about Mr Till's not quite so skillful handling of tax deductions of EVs and camera equipment, which he admits).

It is long, but I think you get a much better overall feel of what the car offers than the typical scripted reviews.

In the end, does she like the car? I won't spoil it.

·
Registered
11 Posts

What makes it entertaining is the banter between Mr Andrew Till and his Italian wife Flaviana. She has lots of insightful and very honest comments (along with some comments about Mr Till's not quite so skillful handling of tax deductions of EVs and camera equipment, which he admits).

It is long, but I think you get a much better overall feel of what the car offers than the typical scripted reviews.

In the end, does she like the car? I won't spoil it.
Watched it today and enjoyed it as well. Feel like it's worth the time and you are helping poor Andrew seal with the situation! Hilarious at times, even though I am not Italian.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'm only 13 minutes into the video and I'm finding it very contrived and finding her very critical of strange things. Like wanting auto headrest adjustments. I'm also finding myself not believing that she's seeing the car for the first time.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm only 13 minutes into the video and I'm finding it very contrived and finding her very critical of strange things. Like wanting auto headrest adjustments. I'm also finding myself not believing that she's seeing the car for the first time.
It wasn't, watch to the end.

·
Registered
196 Posts
It's quite funny, the running theme of his videos is that she's hard to please and has different ideas of what makes a car good.
Ah, if it's a theme in other videos they've done then maybe that's why I didn't get it. She came across rather emasculating, which is what put me off, if I'm being honest.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I couldn't watch it till the end unfortunately. I felt sorry for the bloke and had to turn it off.
She's said in some other video before that she plays it up to make the video more entertaining. Some of the points are baffling but also the sorts of things some people will find annoying even though most people don't care. Their Model 3 video is hilarious.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I really like her, she does ask a lot of fundamental questions which car enthusiasts just take for granted. For me it was really the only 'review' of the Ioniq 5 that I have seen. It seems to me the many other reviews pull back from being critical for fear of not getting cars from the manufacturer to review in the future. New cars to review are their livelihood and they don't want to jeopardise that.

CJ

·
Registered
151 Posts
A woman's perspective on a car can be very different than a man's (body size differences, etc). I think it's especially important in the case of a family car like IONIQ 5.

·
Registered
23 Posts
She makes me really uncomfortable. He looks visibly uneasy at multiple points. Some of her feature requests are outrageous, and she seems to treat him quite poorly. I've seen this kind of relationship before and it doesn't end well. I'm not sold on the whole 'playing up to camera' thing. If you watch a few of the other videos, their dynamic is very odd. She walks all over him a bit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts