Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a U.S. resident with a 2022 Ioniq PHEV.

After leaving an appointment today I started the car and a message appeared on the console screen saying that I have a possible problem and that I needed to contact BlueLink "TODAY" to get an appointment at a dealer. Check Engine also on w/ steady illumination.

I was only able to get an appointment two weeks hence.

Anyone have any idea what this might be about? We've had no problems with the car so far.

·
Registered
2019 PHEV Ultimate
1,734 Posts
There's just too much going on under the hood of these things to speculate on what it might be. If you have a friend with an OBD dongle you could have them connect and read out the codes, that could give you a better idea. Sorry you're having an issue with such a new car, that sucks.

·
Registered
2019 PHEV Ultimate
1,734 Posts
Yeah, there are codes that get permanently stored and others which are transient. If the light has gone off then the transient fault codes are probably gone. If it comes on again, get to an OBD scanner quickly. You're in the US, I think one of the big auto parts chains down there (Pep Boys maybe?) will read out codes for free.

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq PHEV Limited, 2022 Tucson PHEV Limited, 2023 GV60 Performance
105 Posts
Lately (past couple of months or so) I too have been getting an intermittent check engine light on our car. I just caught it again yesterday, started it on EV mode and saw the check engine light on. An hour later started it again to move to the other side of my driveway and it was gone. 2020 PHEV Limited with 15K miles.

Edit: it was always just the check engine light in my car. Never saw a message on the console screen.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had same issues with check engine light coming on when the weather was very cold but will go away when weather a bit warmer. Took it to dealer and they mentioned it had to do with navigation system not communication with ECU. They reset and clear but it came on again, but once warmer it went away.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts