Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could have posted this in "What did you do with your Ioniq today..."

I just came back from the second iberian EV meeting, celebrating the "southwestern corridor".... or maybe drawing attention to the fact that that corridor should exist....

It took place in the moorish city of Badajoz, on the border with Portugal, and on the southern route from Madrid to Lisbon.

And here are a few pictures of the gathering in the Plaza Alta (the high square) of Badajoz.

Almost all 100% electric vehicles are portuguese. In itself, this is a testimony to the fact that the spanish have trouble reaching the border to Portugal.

30 degrees today in Badajoz. We took coats, because with inland Spain you never know... I once caught almost snowy weather in October in this region...

Returning to the Atlantic coast, and to our 25 degrees, we're having the first storm of the season. This time, it could be the worst storm to hit Portugal since 1847. There's a 40% probability of wind bursts above 140km/h tonight and 10% probability of wind bursts above 190km/h.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, all the usual ones... Two Teslas Model X did a sort of duet in demo mode.... It really is only what you see in the picture, except demo cars in the expo area downtown, amd except my Ioniq. which is hidden behind the police car, because I arrived late to the event. Spanish cars were the Outlanders and the Mini and a few Teslas. All non-Tesla pure EVs were portuguese. This was a tiny, tiny encounter.... in Portugal you would see hundreds of EVs in even a regional event.

There really must be something wrong with the legislation in Spain which is delaying the charging network. Without a proper charging network, people are not crazy to buy a car that can't get them to the next city. And cities in Spain are usually about 400km apart. The spanish really value everything that is natural and uncontaminated and would jump right in. And actually government incentives on EV purchase are really good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts