Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 LTD Teal
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the closest EA location to me (6 miles) today. Four of the charges seemed to be in the middle of a software update and had screens filled with programming-type language. One of those not updating had a display showing that software was being updated starting at 1201AM 9/7.

I was able to use that, and went from 24% to 80% in 19 min, mostly at 175 kW. It was all free today, with no EA card required. The initial screen asked me to enter my cell-phone number so that the EA charger could send me charging information while it was happening. I did that, but got no information during the charge.

An EA tech arrived during the time I was there. He put up a tent, and went to work on some of the chargers.

FWIW, EA station near a Walmart in the Somerdale area (near Cherry Hill, NJ) has always been problematic to use. Maybe it'll improve...:p

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq 5 SE AWD, Cyber Gray
114 Posts
Strange things are afoot at the EA stations. I got an email from EA saying
"We are doing system updates starting on Sept 6, 2022 at 3:00 PM EST. During the upgrade, some of the functionality in our mobile app may be limited. We don't expect charging to be impacted - plug in to get started."

I've not been charged or received charing info updates via the app for several sessions - since possibly last thursday.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Strange things are afoot at the EA stations. I got an email from EA saying
"We are doing system updates starting on Sept 6, 2022 at 3:00 PM EST. During the upgrade, some of the functionality in our mobile app may be limited. We don't expect charging to be impacted - plug in to get started."

I've not been charged or received charing info updates via the app for several sessions - since possibly last thursday.
I've heard there are strange things afoot at the Circle K too.
Bill

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 SE AWD
199 Posts
The software upgrades continued at least through September 14 (might still be going on). As a result all charging was complementary/free and essentially just plug and charge. Downside was the app was very unreliable regarding charger status.

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Limited AWD Cyber Gray
736 Posts
It's crazy it's taking this long, going on over 2 weeks now. There must have been a huge issue. How come EA has not said anything? Where is the press not asking EA what's going on? Or people are just happy they're getting free charges?

·
Registered
2022 IONIQ5 Limited AWD Cyber Gray
997 Posts
The software upgrades continued at least through September 14 (might still be going on). As a result all charging was complementary/free and essentially just plug and charge. Downside was the app was very unreliable regarding charger status.
They're still going and they're still free, yay!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was wondering about that. I did an EA charge in Phoenix a couple weeks ago. Plugged it in and it just started charging. It said Hyundai Complimentary Charging...something like that. Thought maybe EA read the car and the app was no longer required. We'll see in a month or so when I'm up there again.

·
Registered
2022 IONIQ5 Limited AWD Cyber Gray
997 Posts
I was wondering about that. I did an EA charge in Phoenix a couple weeks ago. Plugged it in and it just started charging. It said Hyundai Complimentary Charging...something like that. Thought maybe EA read the car and the app was no longer required. We'll see in a month or so when I'm up there again.
Hey, i'll take free charging over 50% more than EA and mostly 1/2 the speed tesla 'super' chargingo_O

·
Registered
2022 White Ioniq 5 SEL
149 Posts
The last two weeks I've charged at an EA station, last time on Thursday, 9/22 - no app was required and the screens indicated that EA was updating the chargers. My EA history doesn't show that I charged either time. I didn't notice a difference in speed from previous charging sessions.

·
Registered
291 Posts
The last two weeks I've charged at an EA station, last time on Thursday, 9/22 - no app was required and the screens indicated that EA was updating the chargers. My EA history doesn't show that I charged either time. I didn't notice a difference in speed from previous charging sessions.
I got significantly slower speeds. ~65 kW after update (last two times) vs ~170kW before update (multiple times). Could be that the hardware broke, but seems a bit fishy that it occurred right after the update...

·
Registered
2022 White Ioniq 5 SEL
149 Posts
I got significantly slower speeds. ~65 kW after update (last two times) vs ~170kW before update (multiple times). Could be that the hardware broke, but seems a bit fishy that it occurred right after the update...
Certainly interesting. I'll see how it goes next time I stop at the EA charger, that isn't very often.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts