Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
This is super annoying! Neither of my free sessions so far recognized the EA Apple Wallet card. EA phone support thought the e-card reader was not working. Next time, I’ll take off my phone case to see if that helps.
I was having issues too with using the EA chargers. I called customer support and after trouble shooting, they asked if I had the GPS turned on in my phone. Nope. Now I turn my phone's GPS on before I plug in and have not had a problem charging since.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Ltd AWD
112 Posts
The apple wallet on iPhone stores a pass from the EA app on the phone which you can scan on the EA Charger, so you don't have to open the app to charge. But you can also initiate charging in the app, in both cases the first thing you do is plug into the car.

You do not need to terminate the session at 30 minutes, i did just to avoid additional fees and it wasn't a case that i needed more. Yeah a bit odd but I did see that the 150s report higher max speeds than you would think, not sure if that is actually delivered or not. Also I've come closest to the 20-80 in 18 minute benchmark on a 150, so not sure what's up with that.

I have modified the max charge based on the scenario, with a road trip i max it out but for normal driving max it at 80%. This gives me the most bang for the 30 minute limit.
I read very very small print on EA email that the 30 min free charge session is for DC fast charge. For level 2 charge 60 min is time limit. (During my first "fast charge" on EA after local trips, I used the 150kw max rather than 350kw and the max rate was 153.7kw. 24:30 min from 34% to 89% was great for me, too.
Forehead Glasses Vision care Dress shirt Coat

·
Registered
228 Posts
How do you add the EA Apple Wallet to your iPhone? I know how to add a regular credit card, but I don't understand how an EA card gets added to Apple Wallet. I don't have my I5 yet

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 SEL AWD Lucid Blue
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
Finally got the apple wallet card to work for me at my local EA location. Even after realizing it’s not the credit card reader with the screen that I need to tap but instead an unmarked black rectangle to the right of it (no label like many I’ve seen in photos of other locations) I still had no luck. Then when calling about another charger not working at this location, they said they would reset the pass reader and it worked today.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had seen someone post that the thirty minute free sessions for two years on USA Ioniq 5’s was limited to once per day, but wanted to check the fine print for myself. From EA’s website, ooks like it’s a 60 minute lock out, not once per day. Great if you are going on a road trip and need to stop over at different chargers or need to charge before and after work before a long trip or something.
View attachment 38719
Im assuming this was just a charger error, but I did move one spot over one time and it just started the charge for free on the second charger, no identification of me in any way and it even asked for a phone number in case I wanted a receipt, but said the charging was complimentary. Again, guessing that was a charger error, but might be worth trying as long as no one else needs the chargers.

I had seen someone post that the thirty minute free sessions for two years on USA Ioniq 5’s was limited to once per day, but wanted to check the fine print for myself. From EA’s website, ooks like it’s a 60 minute lock out, not once per day. Great if you are going on a road trip and need to stop over at different chargers or need to charge before and after work before a long trip or something.
View attachment 38719
Im assuming this was just a charger error, but I did move one spot over one time and it just started the charge for free on the second charger, no identification of me in any way and it even asked for a phone number in case I wanted a receipt, but said the charging was complimentary. Again, guessing that was a charger error, but might be worth trying as long as no one else needs the chargers.

Hi, I've had to start and then stop charging sessions before the 30 min time limit multiple times and then use the next charger over or the same one. Despite the notice about 30 min between charging session, I think this is only if you've charged up to 30 min in one or more previous sessions. Given the poor reliability and unclear stopping of a charging session, I suspect many owners like myself have had their sessions cut short for one reason or another and then restarted again for a short time (so that the total at the location doesn't exceed 30 min). The good thing is that EA doesn't penalize you for these stopped sessions, again, assuming you haven't gone beyond 30 min total. After that, you probably do have to wait 30 min before you can begin another free session. Why anyone would need more than 30 min of free charging more than every few hours is beyond me so I think the policy is pretty generous and perfectly adequate for long road trips in most cases.

Here's an important tip: 1. Don't bother using the EA wallet, phone tap method against the charger. There are often communication issues from EA chargers to their cloud accounting that will make it harder for you to start charging your Ioniq 5. Instead, use the EA app, find the charger (usually the GPS) will identify the one you are sitting at. Plug in the charger, find the charger station on the EA app, tap it to get a list of all the individual chargers at that station, select the unit your car is plugged into, and then swipe to the right and it'll initiate the charge (perfectly) in my case nearly every time.

101 - 109 of 109 Posts