Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We charge our 2019 Ioniq PHEV on schedule for my wife’s morning commute. Typically, I get a message in the wee hours before her set departure time saying, “vehicle charging is complete based on your settings.” A couple weeks ago, I woke up to a message received overnight saying,
“ELECTRIC VEHICLE CHARGE ALARM was processed. Your vehicle is not charging because of connection failure and possible reasons can be: blackout, payment incompletion, charging stop button enabled.”
Then it happened again twice last week and again tonight (luckily before I’ve gone to bed). I can rule out blackout because lights are still on. I can rule out payment incompletion because my lights are still on (and our electric bill is paid automatically).
So what is the charging stop button? Or is there something wrong with our charging cable? Or that particular outlet?
So far, it hasn’t happened when she charges at work - only at home overnight. The three times I’ve caught, I’ve easily corrected the issue simply by unplugging it from the extension cord and plugging it back in.

·
Super Moderator
2,410 Posts
From your account , it sounds more likely to be a connection issue in your home set up . Is your car in a garage or driveway ? . If the latter , possibly somebody is interfering with it ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s set up in the driveway, but the connection from extension cord to charge cable is right on our front porch. If someone were messing with it, I definite would hear it On at least two of these occasions, I’ve been reading in a quiet home no more than 12 feet from the front door.

·
Super Moderator
2,410 Posts
It’s set up in the driveway, but the connection from extension cord to charge cable is right on our front porch. If someone were messing with it, I definite would hear it On at least two of these occasions, I’ve been reading in a quiet home no more than 12 feet from the front door.
OK , just a thought . I was thinking of somebody ( or maybe even a small critter ) touching the charge port on the car . :)

·
Registered
2019 PHEV Ultimate
1,406 Posts
If you're using the 120V charge cable that came with the car, you might want to check the lights on it to see if it's indicating a fault before you unplug and replug it. It could be that the porch outlet is overheating and it's shutting itself down, as it has a temperature sensor in the plug.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts