Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Been some discussion about what this looks like and I just remembered that I took a photo a few weeks ago when I went on a test drive. Hope it helps those who are interested. (It's the one i've circled...)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Interesting...... certainly doesnt look metallic when you zoom in. My supplier told me that they had changed it to a metallic finish for the new Ioniq model. Mines due to arrive very soon now, so the mystery will be solved!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I saw Electric Shadow on an Hybrid Ionic car in the dealership when i was looking around, to me it looked like a primer undercoat colour, it certainly wasn't metallic. Its a bit of a Marmite colour, and I couldn't decide if I liked it or not.

I personally went with Fluidic Metallic, I saw the colour on another Ionic Hybrid, and I thought it looked like the dogs danglies. It helps to see the colour on a car, sometimes those samples are hard to picture it on the car.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just been on the hyundai configuration website and selecting electric shadow shows a different colour on EV and hybrid. The EV one looks blue whilst the hybrid looks grey. The mystery continues!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I took screenshots from the configuration website. Both of these are described as electric shadow. They do look different, but I guess it could just be the way they are displayed on the website.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I found this youtube video from Denmark. There are glimpses of the brochure and colour chart.

White is standard
Electric Shadow is Special
The others are metallic.

Electric shadow is priced the same as metallic, but what exactly is Special paint? The UK brochure also lists special paint as an option.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well my Electric Shadow arrived today, so to clear up the mystery of the colour ....

The registration document describes it as grey, which is correct, but it does have a blue tint. Strangely when photographed it looks more blue than it does to the eye.

The finish is definitely not metallic. Hyundai seem to be describing this as a "special solid paint" I'm not sure what is special about it as it just looks like a normal solid paint finish to me. However they are charging the additional metallic paint fee of £565 in the UK.

However, I must say that I am very happy with the colour, so not complaining!

·
Registered
204 Posts
In Sweden the "special paint" (a.k.a. Electric Shadow) is even more expensive than the metallic paints.
Polar White is the only "standard paint" that comes at no extra charge. Metallic paints (most colours) are 5,900 SEK extra, and special paint (Electric Shadow) is 6,900 SEK extra. (Divide by 10 to convert the prices to USD.)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Geoff any chance of some photos? Mine is also electric shadow and will arrive in about 2 weeks (well docks this week)

how you finding it??
Well my Electric Shadow arrived today, so to clear up the mystery of the colour ....

The registration document describes it as grey, which is correct, but it does have a blue tint. Strangely when photographed it looks more blue than it does to the eye.

The finish is definitely not metallic. Hyundai seem to be describing this as a "special solid paint" I'm not sure what is special about it as it just looks like a normal solid paint finish to me. However they are charging the additional metallic paint fee of £565 in the UK.

However, I must say that I am very happy with the colour, so not complaining!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I took some pics yesterday and it seems to look slightly blue on photos, but grey in real life. Haven't had much chance to drive it yet, but up to now very pleased. It was quite a dull day, but the first pic is the sunny side. Second one the shade side.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts