Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my Ioniq EV now since the end of January and I have driven almost 4500 km. Using Torque I can see the total kWh that has been charged (CEC, cumulative energy charged). From that I calculated that the average efficiency of my driving is 6.6 km/kWh (in winter time).

Since km 1800 I have my own home charger with a kWh meter. I registered the kWh charged at home and charged at external chargers (the latter is about 15% of the total amount charged) since km 1800. When I calculate the efficiency from that, I get to 6.3 km/kWh. I preheated the car only once, so I presume the energy loss during charging is about 5%.
Does this sound reasonable?

I will do this also in the coming spring to see whether the figures change. Anyway with the current electricity prices, my driving costs were € 0.03 over the last 1.5 months. Not bad, I think!

Reactions: unkel

·
Registered
260 Posts
That's quite good economy. The US EPA rates the Ioniq EV at 136 mpge which is about 25kwh/100mi or about 2.5km/kwh. You're seeing 2.5x that so your range must be > 300mi/charge.

·
Super Moderator
1,795 Posts
I think you did a miscalculation.
25 kWh/100mi = 15.6 kWh/100 km = 0.156 kWh/km = 6.4 km/kWh.
So this EPA indication is very close to the winter averages reported by @pmiddeld.

Reactions: Jay
1 - 5 of 5 Posts