Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
  • Question of The Week Is LIVE In The Off-Topic Section!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.
Is there a way to make the Drl's to stay on all the time? They turn off when high beam are switched on. On the Kia Niro, for example, they stay on all the time.
Thanks in advance.
Adi.
Ioniq Hybrid 2020

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello all.
Is there a way to make the Drl's to stay on all the time? They turn off when high beam are switched on. On the Kia Niro, for example, they stay on all the time.
Thanks in advance.
Adi.
Ioniq Hybrid 2020
I asked the same question Months ago. Got a lot of opinions and questions, but no answers. If you find out, please post

·
Registered
736 Posts
Not in an easy way. Only way to have them on is to re wired them.

·
Registered
'17 Marina Blue HEV Ltd I O N I Q since 25 Jul '17
1,824 Posts
Hello all.
Thanks in advance.
Adi.
Ioniq Hybrid 2020
As @Cha said, it would require rewiring which may void your warranty.

They stay on all the time on the Elantra as well (so long as the handbrake is not engaged).

But on the Ioniq, the DRLs are only on under the following circumstances:
  • Parking (hand/foot) Brake is off
  • Light Stalk is not in the "On" position
    • In some countries, such as the US, the light stalk must be "Auto" position.
    • When in "Auto", there must be enough daylight so as not to activate the main headlamps
  • In some countries (not sure which ones off hand), the car must be in a gear as well

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wish we could connect to the car's electronic computer, using the OBD socket, this can be done easily on the vw group car's , to let you do some mild changes.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Got to ask, but why would you want DRLs on when main beams are on ? Standing in front of your approaching car or being a driver coming from the other direction and you would be blinded anyway. ?

·
Registered
'17 Marina Blue HEV Ltd I O N I Q since 25 Jul '17
1,824 Posts
Got to ask, but why would you want DRLs on when main beams are on ? Standing in front of your approaching car or being a driver coming from the other direction and you would be blinded anyway. ?
Looks cool.

Easier to identify as an Ioniq when illuminated, due to the distinctive pattern of the DRLs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Because then we to can use them as fog lights and they are very good for extra visibility at night. Its a good solution. I think its a matter of software changes, not different wiring like some people suggested.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Because then we to can use them as fog lights and they are very good for extra visibility at night. Its a good solution. I think its a matter of software changes, not different wiring like some people suggested.
Please let me know if you successfully made the change. I would like to have rear turn signal in amber as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts