Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the moment, the UK is experiencing some heavy fog across the country resulting in some serious accidents especially the odd pile up. Been out today driving in it and seen far too many people driving like loons, driving to close, driving too fast, no lights or just drls think auto lights will turn on if necessary etc.

What I got thinking is how a car like the Ioniq is in fog. With the auto emergency braking and adaptive cruise control, I assume it would be a very safe car to avoid you hitting someone else. Won't save someone else hitting you though if they are. It using technology or sensible driving.

Does anyone have any real world experience of the kit on the Ioniq in the fog?

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
i was thinking the same,

the LKAS is great in the fog, seems to be able to see better than me, and give me the odd nudge before i see the lane move on bends in the real thick stuff

the AEB seems unaffected by fog, not had any false alerts and been driving in some right pea soup round the m25 last few days

tending not to use smart cruise at moment, i think also it would drive to close for me in this weather even on range 4

·
Registered
344 Posts
Glad to hear they actually work properly in the fog. I've heard other manufacturers with these systems that pretty much go offline if it's too foggy or even if water gets on the lenses.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the LKAS is great in the fog, seems to be able to see better than me, and give me the odd nudge before i see the lane move on bends in the real thick stuff
It's odd how you mention that, my dash cam has far better vision than I do in the fog. When I look at the screen it has more defined detail at distance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts